What is the truth about the 4.1's?

Rem

You could say that I am somewhat bitter towards Klipsch, as I have gone through 2 sets of 4.1's in two weeks. But none the less, I think that I deserve the truth about what the problem was that affected A LOT of 4.1's.

And regarding Amy's, assuming it was Amy, post about how their are committed to serving the people that had these problems, I would just like to say that is COMPLETE bullshit.

I was contacted and ask about my problems and they wanted me to send my speakers back, and then they would send me a new set. What was the bad part? I pay for shipping, and I have to wait 4 weeks. I DON'T THINK SO! What kind of customer serivce is that. You should ship the speakers next day air, and when they arrive at MY doorstep along with a pre-paid sticker for UPS/Fed EX to send the broken ones back to Klipsch would be customer service to me.

And if you think that is asking to much, I had a broken mobo once, and the company sent the new one that day, and it was at my door the next afternoon with a pre-paid sticker and a letter of apology. Just because of that, I buy only from them, even though their prices are pretty high.

I guess I am just looking for Klipsch to fess up and admit they screwed up.

Sorry if I offended anyone.

yo.. cool down REM...

just follow the advice from amy.. and u have a new set.

i think perhaps u have misunderstood the situation.

i wrote to Amy about the 4.1 's sub problem and she told me in detail what is going on.

my friend's both set of 4.1 have faulty sub problem.. and look at where i came from..under my nick, i am from malaysia... just think of my friend's frustration..

not even 2 hours running in after unpack, and the sub was a goner, and it happened twice. and he was screaming up and down.... but he got his replacement from the same dealer after a week, and now.. no problem... and AMY took the trouble of answering my mail everyday....

so cool down.. u will get a replacement.... and at least wait till they send u the replacement first before u complain.. cool down....

• Like 1

After all, it is a long ways to their assembly line.

When they get here, Amy does the best she can.

And most dealers will pay for pickup, if you ask, for the second return.(after-all, you've paid once)

This message has been edited by rol1 on 05-30-2001 at 09:37 PM

• Moderators

Thanks, everybody!

I just ask people with problems to contact me directly so I can keep an accurate log for future reference, plus everybody's situation is going to be unique. There's no one answer that a customer can find on the bulletin board that will solve every aspect of the problem they may be having. Symptoms, warranties, and solutions will vary somewhat from person to person.

No one is getting paid off, promise! Smile.gif

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

If it seemed as if I was frustrated, I am really not. I am just very disappointed.

And I don't need to contact Amy because I resolved the situation myself. A 60 gb drive and a RAID controller helped me Smile.gif

Personally, I don't see why they didn't release any news about it, and furthermore I do not understand why there news page is hidden away. It should be up front like 99.9% of all websites. Smile.gif

I am at least glad they figured out the problem and fixed it, but I guess I didn't appreciate the tech support lady's tone nor her solution to my problem. It just pissed me off.

She told me that I would have to ship the speakers to them, then they would take 3-5 weeks to ship them back to me OR I could let them charge my credit card and they would ship me a set right away then when the receieved mine they would credit me. Now, I am not the smartest person in the world, but why would it take 3-5 weeks the other way? Maybe because they ship it UPS ground ground. Where the guy has to carry it across the US or something. lol

I just didn't appreciate being lied to. The lady gave me a general answer to my questions "We are having problems..", well.. really?

But all is s'ok now. Just won't buy the 4.1 set, and just wait for the 5.1 Only a couple weeks out.

• Moderators

Rem,

We say 3-5 weeks because it's hard to know how busy our receiving department is going to be on any given day. Keep in mind they are responsible for checking in all of the Klipsch deliveries and products, including individual parts, and occassionally they do get very busy. I'm sure 3-5 weeks is a high estimate...

I'm sorry you feel like you were lied to, but I'm certain that's not the case. We have been in the middle of extensive testing on the 4.1s, and its very likely the rep you spoke with just didn't have any firm answers at the time she spoke with you.

At any rate, I'm glad to see you're holding out for the 5.1s, and please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have in the future.

Thanks,

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

To be honest with you, every product I've had to ever return for a replacement: game controllers, printers, and monitor; I was asked to pay the postage to send the bad set back. And I have never gotten a fast delivery on the replacement.

i praised Amy because she gives me quite a fast reply and i am happy. PERIOD.

i don't think u can aspect all this replacement issue to be settle in a week or so..

try IBM harddisk in malaysia..... 2 months at least..for replacement. and we have master distributor again in malaysia...... just cool man

and Don't simply ask us to go and search for girlfriend..... why u want to put an irrelevant subject here just because u r dissapointed??

i am just trying to help here....

• Like 1

What are you talking about mister h4x0r?

The girlfriend comment was merely a joke. Furthermore it is not MY fault you live in Malaysia. If you don't like it there, move. We don't have any room other here but that doesn't stop anyone.

Also, don't give me that "I can't expect 1 week turn around" bs. Yes, I can. Customer Service makes or breaks a company.

When I recieved my Kilpsch speakers I bragged to all my friends and about 5 were going to buy them next check. But then the problems started. Then I told them about what the solution was. Guess what they did?

Don't tell me my disappointment is unjustified.

I can't say that I know everything that is going on at Klipsch but I use several of there lines of speakers in my business (makeing HIGH performance entertainment systems, and Computers). I have never had a problem getting replacements when speakers fail. Lets be honest here, it happens. Yeah you might have to pay S/H charges but so what? You have already payed for the best PC speakers on the market don't get cheap now!

Anyway, to the people at Klipsch, keep up the great work.

And to those of you out there that just want to ***** (can I say that here??) SHUT UP. Write some e-mail and be patient.

------------------

Real life is just another window on my desktop!

-The Shadow

REM,

I see your anger and frustratin is justified. I was going to leave it alone until I saw your comment about 'if you don't like it there' MOVE!' Geeze - are you that arrogant or dumb ??? What's not to like about malaysia, if you are living in the States and live on steak and burger, GET a new set of taste buds. Hokkien MEE, Sambal Fish on pamdan leaves, Etc etc.

Anyway, for those who initiate the 'IF you don't like blah, MOVE' SURE! Put your money where your boast is and PAY for them to move, else, at least act respectable and don't *****.

Trivia : Did you know the cute Gorilla in CONGO is called Amy also.

Me Amy, me Nice. Me Amy, Me want to go home.

Hey REM...

i agreed with doomsday.. i understand how u feel about the promedia malfunction when u run it.........BUT...

about the malaysian thing, i was just trying to tell u that warranty issues will take some time to solve or to be clear...

i am just trying to tell u to stay cool despite the frustration and dissapointment.. just send it for warranty then u will find out the truth.... in this way, u will get a new promedia

and please.. think properly before u put out a reply.

REM, some of your statements are really irrelevant to the topic we are discussing ...

read properly before reply

• Like 1

I can see where this is going.. anyone want to put money on it?

------------------

1GHz TBird

Abit KT7A-RAID

Kingmax 256MB PC150 256MB PC133 Infinion

Annihilator2 32MB GT§

Intel Pro100+Management NIC

Promise Ultra100

IBM 75GXP 45GB ATA100 Maxtor DMP6800 27.2GB ATA66

Plextor 16X10X40A §ony 12X DVD

§BLive! 5.1

AOpen HX08 Full Tower 300W

§ony CPD-G400 19" Triny