Why Not Quintet?

Bought 4.1 two weeks ago, after waiting years for Klipsch to catch up with PC audio technology. I always know they makes the best speakers. Had to return the 4.1's. Subwoofer overheated. Did not have any confidence in the replacements and with the news of the 5.1's on the way it was too much to take. I bite the bullet, so to speak, and bought the Quintet and a receiver instead, hooking the lot to the computer. Best decision I ever made in matters of that nature. To put it mildly. It ROCKS. You guys should try that setup.

HEhe.

I'd write what I think.. but I just wrote a topic concerning stuff like this...

Heck.. i'll tell you Any way.

It cost more, thats why we dont do it.

QUintets = 900$ thats 500$ more than the Pro Media 5.1, thats over Twice as much. And you still havent bought the Reciever/Amp.

NE wayz, if I went with a setup like that, I would buy the Paradigm Cinima.. smoother sound. But it makes more since to build your own 5.1 setup with 4 SB 1's for 500$ a SC-1 for 280$ and a Sub from Best buy for 150$ on sale.

Thats still about the same price as the Quintets but will give you better sound, and a stronger sound.

Those are my thoughts.

------------------

K6-2 450

SB Live Value ( not 5.1)

Klipsch Pro Media v2 400 ( soon to be 4.1 )

2 Fisher STV-873's on front channel

2 Fisher surrounds on rear channel

quote:

NE wayz, if I went with a setup like that, I would buy the Paradigm Cinima

Amen Brother...spoken like a true gem

I can't believe you wasted your money on the quintets, I can already tell you know very little about speakers in general, You said eiarler Klipsch makes the best, why cause they make the best PC speaker. My friend Ht is another world, one in which Klipsch is far from dominating.

This message has been edited by P_a_r_a_d_i_g_m on 06-02-2001 at 02:41 AM

if u want to get a better HT system, there are better ones than quintex..

in hometheater... , quintex is only average.... even the review say so... there are other brands better than that....

at the end,,, the question will come back to " how much money are u willing to spend on your system"

buying promedia 4.1 does solve your problems but not really neccessary to purchase promedia 5.1

and it also based on what u really want.

.. but u cannot compare the promedia to actual HT system out there from different manufacturers....

• Like 1

Gentlemen/Ladies, I solute you all for your frank responces. Thats very much appreciated. I must admit I have not purchased a set of speakers for over 13 years. The reason? Because the last set I bought served us remarkable well all this time. They are Klipsch Cornwall. And still as if bought yesterday. I know good speakers (sound). Have you all thought about durability? With the Quintets the upgrade stops there. NO MORE UPGRADES. Today the cost maybe about average, but in the long run I save. What will you buy after the 5.1? Sound is in the ears of the listener. I did not profess to be an expert in that area, but believe me I like what I heard with the Quintet setup.

Once again.. it goes back to the Personal Taste.

But I have a question. Have you ever heard a Pradigm Cinima Series set up?

Or have you even heard of them at the time of buying your Quintets?

I do not want you to regret making your purchase, I'm sure you are happy with your Quintets, and thats what matters.

** I have unfortionaly never heard a set up of the cornwalls.. They are one of the Klipsch speakers I would REALY like to hear. Along with the whole Heritage series excluding the Heresys since we have some in the house.

------------------

K6-2 450

SB Live Value ( not 5.1)

I read comments(reviews) on the Pradigm prior to purchasing the Quintet. Frankly, I have never listen to that set. Could not locate them, and time is limited. I considered future service. And will the maker of Pradigm be around in 2 years?

The Cornwalls are a pleasure to listen to. I must admit that the Quintets are not of the same sound quality, but for the different in cost what else can one expect. The Quintets are rugged and much better quality than the 4.1. I am also certain that the 5.1 will not approach the quality of the Quintets either. I will not regret buying the Quintets. Still think that in the long run its a good decision.

You tell me if these guys will be around in 2 years

Ofcorse the Quintets preform better than the Pro Medias, I would hope so for an extra 500 dollers.

In the long run, if you wanted a good speaker set, getting the quintets was a good decision.

I'm just saying there are better solutions out there, but yours isnt a bad one.

------------------

K6-2 450

SB Live Value ( not 5.1)

not mistaken, the satellites for quintex are made of wood or something like that, while the promedia's satellites are from plastic (if that's what klispch called them) anyway, quintext comes with ksw-10 sub with mosfet .

i think definitely it will sounds better...

• Like 1

ohh yea, the Quintets sound alot better.

100 watt

1 inch Tweeter

3.5 inch Mid Range made out of a better material

Better speaker wire connections on back

Better Case

Larger sub higher quality sub

------------------

K6-2 450

SB Live Value ( not 5.1)