World's Oldest Klipschorn?? Serial #14

lowthers

Some of the oldest Klipschorns, including prototypes, are located in the Klipsch Museum at New Mexico State University.

The first 12 production Khorns were made by Baldwin Piano Company under contract. The next 7 were produced in a cabinet shop.*

You might want to check out the book* "Paul Wilbur Klipsch, The Life....The Legend"

I don't know much about its history. I got it from a friend here in St. Louis. He bought it from a guy who brought it up to sell from Arkansas. He was a vintage dealer. This was several years ago. The drivers fitted are Jensen. The compression driver is a V21. The woofer is a P15LL. Don't know if they're original or not. The horn is handmade from plywood. Very skillfully done and a tremendous amount of work went into it. Is it original? Condition is amazing, especially considering it's now 56 years old. Crossover is handmade as well. Maybe Paul built it himself?! Any information about this would be sincerely appreciated. Although I design and sell speakers for a living, I am an enthusiast first. I want to be able to provide accurate information to the buyer--not to make more money--but so he knows what he is getting. It's also a lot of fun discovering the history of old equipment, don't you think?

It looks pretty original to me! Wow! Thanks for posting the pics. Those do appear to be mr. Paul's initials. At that time, he had only one employee and Belle, his wife, helped. Drivers were changed often in those days and a customer could even specify his own sometimes.

The crossover is too complex and the "tweeter" is not Klipsch, but the bass horn should be the real thing.