Where's the Jubilee?

Tony Reed

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes i,ve thought of converting the cinema version for home use but cost would be prohivative They want to sell complete cinema version. Ide have to throw away the top end . make my own Trak trix HF horn & find a good driver (B&C OR TAD) But heck its only money. Some people claim I spill more change out of my pocket than that.

----------------

On 10/29/2003 4:42:25 PM Ray Garrison wrote:

I'm with Tony - it would be nice to know whether the Jubilee was still a project or not, or whether it had been shelved, or deferred indefinately, or development is still ongoing, or whatever...
----------------

But I ask myself - how long does it take to develop it? I mean, it's already been designed and all, maybe its a marketing issue or something like that.

I hate to jump in with nothing more than a "me too", but.... ME TOO!

I saw grown men moved to tears listening to the Jubilees (I'm serious). They sounded incredible and the prototype version, that I heard with Tony and others, was quite nice looking too. It seems that the commercial version could be made to look nice too, with enough work and money. But it would be nice to see a home version.

So, me too... :-)

I have made a few "direct" statements in other threads in an attempt to bait the IndyKlipsch crew into a statement. PWKs last contribution is lost to fast turnover. Its all about ****ing money. Not about the difficulty in building the wood horn. If they won't build it, give us the bass bin on auto-cad and we will build it ourselves! Paul must be rolling over. To quote the master...BS

Terry

----------------

On 11/1/2003 10:43:17 AM Maron Horonzak wrote:

BAD words. POO POO, KA KA, WEE WEE, POO POO. Who cares about dressing up the JUBILLE sell it RAW. Alot of earley Khorns were sold in raw birtch.
----------------

The October 2000 JAES article by PWK has enough data to build the Jubilee from.

The folds are all in one plane so the build complexity is more like the LaScala than the old Klipschorn.

The throat area is given. The area expansion is analyzed at three points along the horn expansion (each bend and the mouth).

The woofer back volume is specified.

The dimensions for overall height and width are given, as is the exit angle of the final horn expansion.

The T/S parameters of the drivers are given.

The Pioneer AG30GU40-51D available from Parts Express or MCM has the correct T/S parameters.

djk,

if it was published material do you have a way to scan the articles in and post them? Would be very interested in checking them out. From the sound of things, it seems to me that they would have a heritage sound. Plus I would really like to see an image of one.

Thanks

m00n