Where's the Jubilee?

Tony Reed

Considering the many posts.......

Can you people believe the lack of responce from IndyKlipsch?..... I can.

They have no reasonable replay or excuse. What can they say?

I don't think that most of us have a problem with the $ makers at BB. It sounds "OK" and much better than most for the $.

We will never see the Jub. Accept it. The last gift of PWK is lost to fast turnover. And that my friends, is the real Heresy. The real loss. But consider the source. I live in Arkansas where there are few "claimes to fame".

#1Chicken

#2 WalMart

#3 PWK

#4 Razorbacks

#98 Bill C.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's the point?

Most of you won't even spend over $3,000.00 for a used pair of Klipschorns, much less a new pair. A lot of you have up graded the networks in your Klipschorns, but that seems be be all your willing to do. I only see a very few of you that are willing to use better drivers and horns to take the klipschorn to the next level.

Don't you think that this Forum helped prove to Klipsch that there isn't a market for the Jubilee or an improved Klipschorn?

Tony,

Then take a look at the old JBL Hartsfield. There is a company in Michigan called Classic Audio Reproductions. http://www.classicaudiorepro.com

They offer the Hartsfield and a few others in many different flavors. Cabinets only, JBL or TAD drivers and different woods.

The Jubilee looks to me to be a LaScala folded again or a Hartsfield redesign.

Q-Man,

I know there are some other good speakers out there, but I'm on a quest. I heard the Jubilee in Feb. 2001 at the Klipsch "get together". It is very, very impressive! The thing that sticks in my mind is how tight the bass was. It's a shame that Klipsch is just sitting on such a great product.

Tony

I believe that I have enought information on how to build the Jubilee bass horn. I may be making this one of my next projects. Everytime I hear someone saying that there is a better sounding bass horn then the Klipschorn I just heve to compare them. Somewhere I remember djk recommending some drivers for the bass horn. I'll have to see if I can find the post, or ask him.

If I get this project off of the drawing board I'll let you know.

I wonder how many people reading this topic or replied to this topic have bought their Heritage speakers brand spakin nnnneeewwww!!!! If most people are going to ebay to buy their Heritage speakers and no new ones are being bought then what do you expect Klipsch to do? How do you expect them to continue eating the cost of producing the Heritage series if no one is buying them new?

And yes I just payed $3600 for a brand new pair of La Scalas. I could of gone to ebay and get a pair for a lot less but if we don't continue to buy new Heritage speakers then the line will die because not enough people are buying them and supporting the heritage line.

I agree with many things people have said on this topic. Another reason I think the heratige line has suffered is that people don't buy a system for just music today. Now for most people a home theater system is what they want first and the sound quality is good enough for most people. When Klipsch came out with Home theater speakers that were cheaper and sounded good, no not like a Khorn or La Scala, they expanded their product line and gave customers more choices. Home theater has been one reason why the Heritage line is strugling and no Jublee has been made. The fact of the matter is even if a lot of people had enough money to buy Khorns and LS they would not have enough money left to buy the preamps, amps, etc to get the best sound. So it is even more crucial that people who want to buy a Heritage speaker buy it new!! My local Klipch dealer told me they could not get new La Scalas. So I found a dealer 100 miles away.

By the way I realize some of you have bought their Khorn, LS, etc brand new.

I think that Klipsch has been wrong in how they have been marketing the Heritage line! I also agree with IB SLAMMIN that Klipsch needs to market the heritage line a lot more. The only advertisements I've seen are the few pictures of the heritage line on the Klipsch website. I think if more people could hear these speakers and be made to understand the importance of quality componets to run the speakers then they might sell better. Instead of asking audio dealers to carry the whole Heritage line have the La Scala or Khorns, or Belles so that people could at least hear one of the Heritage line of speakers.

BobG said that the dealers in the US(I'm assuming Tweeter Etc.) think that the Klipsch brand isn't viewed as exotic or high end. This, to me, is a problem with Klipschs' marketing strategy. These ARE high end speakers. Klipsch needs to get out of the mass market dealers. That does nothing but cheapen the image of their products. A full scale marketing strategy, including the introduction of the Jubilee, calling it the last brain child of the great Mr.Klipsch(Look at all the stuff Cambridge Soundworks sells on the name of Henry Kloss.)could be a start towards cracking BACK into the high end market. When I bought my Fortes in 87 from Tweeter they were in Tweeters expensive room. Also, maybe people don't perceive them as high end becuase the new models don't LOOK high end. Use better woods with dark stains and charge more. It would be a shame to see a name like Klipsch just fade from the home audio market. I had a pair of EPI's once. Great speakers. My parents bought them in 1979 or 80. They were great. Years later I saw EPI in a Lechmere(now defunct retailer). They were lighter weight cheap,crappy incarnations of the previous product. What a shame.

bobd----Klipsch doesn't give a damn about the high-end market, one increasingly populated by a diminishing number of twitchy, effete, hysteria prone pansies. You know, at one time a company could make cheap speakers and good speakers and sell them both. Now these pelletheads who makeup "the high-end" want to buy only from "high-end" companies, perception now means more to these scatterbrains than actual quality does. It's the nitwits who inhabit this market that are screwy not the company.

In any case the company is now where the money is, who can blame them for that. You want new good horns? Then buy new Klipsch Heritages. You want new good horns with a "high-end" pedigree? Then buy Edgars or CARS or Avant Gardes. You choose, the stuff is there.

Here is a thought.

If Bose and Bang & Olfson can afford to have dedicated stores for their products then why doesn't Klipsch consider having 6 or 8 Heritage stores in selected markets. Two on the west coast (SF-LA) two on the east coast ( NY- Phili) and then one in Chicago and the other in Atlanta. This would provide facilities where a good portion of the population would be able to come and listen to the full heritage line. They could also use it to show of the Aragon line as well. Klipsch...are you listening?

PS I bought my La Scala's new...1980

I don't know if it is that easy.

B&O has a store in the Rush Street area of Chicago. This is the very trendy area with all the high end retailers. Still open. I can't imagine they can sell enough to pay the rent.

There was a store on LaSalle Street featuring a lot of B&O. This is the legal and financial area. It closed recently. My guess is that it was not bankrolled by B&O.

Best,

Gil

BobG wrote "Now you might say, "Hey Klipsch, why not just take the Heritage series to the network of high end dealers in the US?" We'd love to, but it seems that those dealers are looking for brands that bring them added panache' and credibility among the ultra high end audience and that Klipsch is not such a brand. For one thing, our products are not expensive enough."

I don't understand this. Dealers in the US such as Tweeter carry a full range of products. They have Boston Acoustics which are a pretty good value and certainly not considered high end, Vienna which are the most over priced pieces of crap I've ever heard. I think they may be the worst speaker of all time but that's off subject. So why is Klipsch no longer offered thru Tweeter. I know I was SHOCKED when I went in to a Tweeter a while back and all the Klipsch were on sale. The people at that store said that Klipsch wanted to go mass market and sell a lesser quality product. And that they, Tweeter, dropped Klipsch because Klipsch wanted to sell at a price point that Tweeter already had occupied by other brands. So, it seems that if Klipsch wants to sell their Heritage line Tweeter might be the place to start. And you can't say that Tweeter is not set up to properly display the Heritage product. So I'm starting feel like Klipsch is just going for the almighty dollar at the expense of their image, reputation and vision of their founder. That sucks.

• 1 year later...

I've bumped this thread up for two reasons:

1. No doubt there's people who have joined the forum in the last couple of years who have never read it before.

2. I loved Tommy's line: ****Klipsch doesn't give a damn about the high-end market, one increasingly populated by a diminishing number of twitchy, effete, hysteria prone pansies.****

Thanks for bumping it as I just now saw/read it.

I've had a sad gut feeling inside me that the glory days are indeed over and the Heritage line is already out on the vine, beginning to wither. I think we will see the day that the Heritage is only available in the used market.

That said, I own (factory bought) 1 pair LaScalas, 3 Academy's and my most recent purchase, 1 pair of 2.1 Promedia. The K-horns I bought were bought from someone here.

I agree with some of the comments that Klipsch should be able to sell their stuff. When I was in retail, I operated under the principle that if they cant see it, they won't buy it. consequently, (home improvement store and I was in charge of the plumbing/vanity amongst other departments) I had one isle chock full of special order vanities, custom tops and special order Kohler faucets, sinks, lavatories, toilets.

When I took over this side of the store (In Indianapolis) my store did essentially zero special orders. Once I had the displays up, I catapulted my store from nothing to the #1 store IN INDIANAPOLIS for special order sales of Kohler (from the local supply house that was our middleman).

Klipsch should make the Heritage line the GREETING for their website so everyone coming here sees the flagship. This way, you start high and can work down to their level, rather than show the latest $100 item and try to then tell them why a $4,000 pair of what ever is also great, or worse, hope they stumble onto the

higher lineage. Start at the top and let them slide down the pole to their level of comfort rather than try to push them up the pole from a position of showing them inexpensive.

I was also bummed to see the promedias made in china. I specifically wanted to buy Klipsch because they are a U.S. company. When I saw they were made in China, I realized all I bought was an engineered box farmed out to a cheap supplier and I didn't really help any jobs locally. I'd still bought the promedias if they were twice as expensive. My logic being, if we (as a country) DON'T do what we can to support OURSELVES (meaning I support you and you support me) then imho, we're all going to suffer in the end.

Just as an aside... how many of you have an online stock account where you pay $7.00 per trade? So it's already been nipping at MY heels because my clearing expenses are MUCH higher than that for trading in my own personal account. I can't (and won't) compete on price, I have to offer good service and (hopefully) superior results.

Seems to me that as a society, we're focusing more on the dollar spent (walmart mentality) than the deeper impact. I am planning on purchasing a recipricating saw (sawzall type) and I'm specifically going to get a Milwaukee. Yes, I think it happens to be the best, but geez, if you are just destrying something, I'm sure some other brands (cheaper) can destry it just as well. I'd rather pay a few more dollars and help someone in Milwaukee keep their job to the degree I can chip in.

Although I never had rant mode on, I guess I need to turn it off now. You may return to your knitting while listening to your Heritage toys

1.gif