Putting a plywood board under your subwoofer?

Why dont you just build your own system?

Its alot cheaper that way.

------------------

K6-2 450

SB Live Value ( not 5.1)

Klipsch Pro Media v2 400 ( soon to be 4.1 )

2 Fisher STV-873's on front channel

2 Fisher surrounds on rear channel

For those that might not know, the Dell P991 is a Sony FD Trinitron monitor with a Dell name on the front of it. It is not a complete Dell built system. You can also get the Dell FD Trinitron monitor cheaper than the Sony's, usually.

I love the monitor. The picture is excellent. It's not too big and does not weight that much. The glass and the picture are as flat as a mable floor. Probably my only complant is that it is a little warm and the tube takes a while to come on after it goes into stanby, maybe 20 to 25 seconds. But that is normal with most monitors, and as they get bigger they take a little longer. As for the warmth, if I have it on for more than 5 to 6 hours at a time my room gets a little warmer from the heat given off. Unless the AC is on in my house. I actually got it with my parent's L Series Dell they got back in September 2000, and I gave them the P780 I had. Dell was running a deal on monitors when they got their system, it was less than $150 over the price of a standard Dell 17" monitor. I originally got the Dell P780 FD Trinitron monitor with my Dell back in January 2000.

One thing to note is that ALL, and I mean EVERY SINGLE ONE MADE, Trinitron monitors have 2 wires running through them (left to right). If you look on Dells forum, called DellTalk, you will notice a lot of people b***hing about these lines. These lines are supposed to be there. They are used to hold up the aperture screen inside the monitor. Trinitron monitors are made different than most monitors, and there is this mess aperture inside the monitor. This has to do with the perfectly flat technolgy somehow.

Note also, this is the first time I have noticed these wires in about 3 months. They are so fine that you usually do not see them unless you are trying to look for them, or the background color on your monitor is white and it is a little easier to see them.

I do not run such a high refresh rate because I do not want to run into the same problem again. If I every get a different video card I will probably run something alot higher than this.

By the way. Back to what this forum is about. My Klipsch speaker "Rock the Casba", or however you spell it. They are excellent, worth every penny.

Dayton