Some new pics, Dual SVS's, etc.

Orange Peel

The wires for the SVS's or the RF-5? The RF-5's wire is in the wall and you can't see them in the pic. The SVS's wire is the grey one behind them, they connect to the sub on the back under by the driver. I can't tell if you are being serious as for the wires or being sarcastic, hard to tell through typing 2.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 11/9/2003 5:05:47 PM Orange Peel wrote:

Here's a few more pics....

What a perfect trio
9.gif

"<a
http://members.cox.net/scott2049/images/svscs2.jpg" border="0">

Dual SVS corner

"<a
http://members.cox.net/scott2049/images/svscs3.jpg" border="0">

Trio again

"<a
http://members.cox.net/scott2049/images/svscs4.jpg" border="0">

The rack of stuff

"<a
http://members.cox.net/scott2049/images/racknew.jpg" border="0">

"<a
http://members.cox.net/scott2049/images/racknew2.jpg" border="0">

Where the PC+ is at

"<a
http://members.cox.net/scott2049/images/svspc.jpg" border="0">

Another shot of the open area and PC+

"<a
http://members.cox.net/scott2049/images/svspc2.jpg" border="0">

Hope you enjoyed them
1.gif

----------------

Hey great pics, hows da sound? I'm awaitin on my SVS B4 PLUS, ordered it friday...cant cant cant waitttt, I'll get you some pics 2, we will be in bass heaven together!!!!

Smilin

Smilin - thanks, it sounds amazing, 113db's isn't too shabby eh? I know it would sound much better if I can relocate that PC+ out of no mans land over there by the door, if there was room to get all 3 in one corner that would be best, but sucks I can't. I saw your post in the sub section, I can't imagine a B4 plus, that would be amazing, that sub looks like perfection at its best, you won't be dissapointed. PLEASE take pics and let me know how it sounds. Bass heaven is a short trip from you, I love it here 9.gif

Nic - Thanks dude, yeah my friends just came over for the first time Sat and they were like "what the hell is that!!!?" I showed them, they understood after that, and said "I'm not used to feeling bass, just hearing it" hahahaha, that's SVS for you boys!!!! 11.gif

HOLY-MOLY, SCOTT!!!! Them's some BIG GUNS you're a-sportin'! 6.gif Nice going! How's your relationship with yer neighbors? 9.gif You may want to talk to m00n about that "VOICE" he's been spoutin' about from 'Matrix: Revolutions'? Maybe them "guns" of yours could reproduce it like he was hoping? m00n? You our there?

His post: When Matrix Revolutions comes out on DVD it will be bitter sweet.

-Picky 2.gif

Two subs in the same corner? How fun was that to phase? I'm assuming you tunned them way low which is why you needed two in order to make up for lost power?

Just thinking about the balancing act three SVS subs would be is giving me a headache. OOC, did you try some manual x-over options for fun? Like setting the three fronts to large and manually crossing each speaker over to it's own SVS? Now THAT would be some full range fronts ;)

Picky - haha, thanks dude, yeah the SVS's can be big, but that's why I love them so much, they are just not the usual box sub, plus they can dig deep!!! 9.gif I saw that post, I think the 3 20-39's will be able to get it close on that voice, but we'll just have to wait and see 11.gif As for my neighbors, not one complaint yet. It's not too bad outside the house, I have went out and listened to see if they really shake things out there, but not too bad.

Grand - Acutally the phase hasn't been touched yet, I tried to adjust it on the PC+ in the diagonal corner, but it only made it quieter. I haven't hooked up the SVS marchband box yet, I can adjust the phase with that on the CS's. Tom at SVS told me to find the best spot for one CS and then to place the other next to it, no need to mess with phase at that point, but I will try anyways 9.gif I am getting 113 db's, so they must be working well all together. They are all tuned for 20hz like they are built, no port plugs are being used. I am a bassaholic that's why I have 3 9.gif If I had a lot of money I would own Quad Ultra's.

Scott:

How to tell if your subs are pissing-off your neighbors:

We have a gigantic salt mine under the ground (International Salt Mine) just north of us that is 1,400 feet deep. At one time, is was the largest salt mine in the world. At night they used dynamite to blast the salt loose so they could collect it and bring it up from the ground to ship and sell. Sometimes, late at night, those blasts were audible and shook some of the homes just north of here. The mine has now been closed for a number of years and when it closed, the blasts stopped. Well, about the time we got our Klipsch's, including our RSW-15 Sub, stories of shaking homes and the sound of blasts in the area returned. The mine remains closed. Hmmm.....could it be???? 6.gif9.gif

-Picky 2.gif

----------------

On 11/10/2003 12:19:34 AM Orange Peel wrote:

The wires for the SVS's or the RF-5? The RF-5's wire is in the wall and you can't see them in the pic. The SVS's wire is the grey one behind them, they connect to the sub on the back under by the driver. I can't tell if you are being serious as for the wires or being sarcastic, hard to tell through typing
2.gif

----------------

Nah man all compliments here, no sarcasm. Do you daisy chain the SVS's or what, how do they hook up. Especially if you only have one LFE output on a A/V .

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 11/10/2003 9:22:19 AM Orange Peel wrote:

Smilin
- thanks, it sounds amazing, 113db's isn't too shabby eh? I know it would sound much better if I can relocate that PC+ out of no mans land over there by the door, if there was room to get all 3 in one corner that would be best, but sucks I can't. I saw your post in the sub section, I can't imagine a B4 plus, that would be amazing, that sub looks like perfection at its best, you won't be dissapointed. PLEASE take pics and let me know how it sounds. Bass heaven is a short trip from you, I love it here
9.gif

Nic
- Thanks dude, yeah my friends just came over for the first time Sat and they were like "what the hell is that!!!?" I showed them, they understood after that, and said "I'm not used to feeling bass, just hearing it" hahahaha, that's SVS for you boys!!!!
11.gif
----------------

Hey, I wish I could hear your system, 113db's sounds fabulous, I'm jealous of you!!!

For now, I talked to Eric at SVS today, and was told DA DA DA, the B4Plus is in the truck!!!on it's way, I should have it friday, or monday...hip hip hooray

9.gif Smilin

Orange Peel email me with your # at bichonf@aol.com And we can talk10.gif

Diss - Thanks for the compliments, I just couldn't tell if you were serious since that grey sub cable is in clear site 1.gif As for the setup, I have a male to 2 female y-splitter for the subs. One goes to the PC+ in the corner, and the other goes to the Samson S1000 amp, then speaker wire goes from the amp to the subs. The more subs you add the more y-splittin' you will need to do 1.gif

Smilin - Dude, that B4 plus is gonna stomp my 3 20-39's, aren't people hitting upper 120 dbs with those subs??? It's gonna hit so much harder than all 3 of mine, I WISH I could hear YOUR setup when you get it. My measly 113 db's aren't too shabby, it does sound incredible, I actually just improved the sound tonight too, I tried to switch up the setup of the speakers (Klpisch) from LARGE to SMALL and put the crossover to 80hz per a suggestion on another forum. MAN, my SVS's are REALLY pounding now, I was missing SO much feeling from the movies with the speakers set to LARGE. I would recommend trying it to see what you think, you may like it more. It still sounds full and everything, just more PUNCH and DIGGING from the 3 SVS's.

I can't wait to hear what you think of that sub, you're gonna shat yourself when you get that setup correctly and listen to that first sub sonic SLAM from that beast, damn I want one of those beasts!!!!

I'll shoot you my numbers so you can call.