New extreme-slope crossover requiring NO Zobel

Geoff:  I believe that is the case as well.  In the case of the crossover circuit in this thread, Al indicates on the schematic that the crossover is designed to take into account the 1 mH inductance of the K-33 voicecoil.  The 15C has a .88 mH inductance.  That said, the spec sheet for Klipsch woofers I found in these forums lists the inductance of all Klipsch woofers as 1 mH, which seems suspect.  Also, the 15C is touted as an improvement over the K-33 by many in these forums, in different Klipsch speakers, without modification to the crossovers.  This is also true for the K43.   I’ll ask Al shortly....

I called Al, and he said that the crossover should work fine for my application.  The swamper resistor will allow both 8 and 16 Ohm compression drivers to be used.  Al also gave me some advice on component selection and layout of the crossover.  He was very helpful, despite not knowing me from Adam and having nothing to gain from it.  Thanks Al!   

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mark1101 said:

If you want the ESNs to work as designed then you will need to use a K33 woofer or a clone that has the same or very close parameters.  I think this is pretty important.  But AL will let you know.

thats not true... 

2 hours ago, Tizman said:

I called Al, and he said that the crossover should work fine for my application.  

as the ESN networks (ES 400, ES 500 and even the Universal ) would be with many other components also...

2 hours ago, Tizman said:

He was very helpful, despite not knowing me from Adam and having nothing to gain from it.  Thanks Al!   

not surprised.. ALK is a good guy, very smart and I have found him to be very helpful...

• Like 1