Klipsch Should Hold Dealers to Higher Standard

MBM135

Fellow Klipsch Fans,

I see from the "J&R" post that the Klipsch Police have spoken and that local dealers have now suplanted us as the new Klipsch "customer."

That being the case I wish they would hold their holy beloved's to a higher standard. Like, requiring them to maintain certain inventory levels (stock what they sell) and allow us to be able to demo the majority of the product line.

Recent story: I go into my local Klipsch Dealer (who also sells boatloads of other stuff) and ask to look at the Klipsch section. He says "we don't sell Eclipse." Huh? I actually had to take him to the area in his own store where the Klipsch speakers were located. "Oh, that." he replied. Later I find that they had very little in stock and the sales staff was very unknowledgable about the Klipsch line in general. 99% of us on these message boards could have done a better sales job. Also, I got the run-around about when stuff would be in etc. "Call sometime in February." C'mon, give me a break!

They were quick to lead me over to JBL, however, like a lamb on it's way to slaughter. "We are well stocked here sir in the Infinity and JBL line--this is what some of the reps own" announces the commisioned sales force and holy-beloved-we-are-going-to-protect-our-local-dealer-and-no-internet sales-Klipsch marketing force!

I could have been standing there with MSRP cash in hand and unable to walk away with what I was looking for. They represented the Klipsch line well, huh?

I have read similar stories on other boards.

Don't know what else to say. Wow!

MM

I completely agree with what you are saying.My local dealer carries the Reference line and has to order most everything else Klipsch.They don't even have the big Ref mains.I'm wondering if they will even get the new out soon Ref.line.It would be a great mistake if they don't.

Now they sell most everything else,Martin-Logan,B&W,B&K.

It might be me,but when I listen to the Matrin-Logan center,it sounds dull and unnatural.Costes out the butt too.

So what's the problem here?

This is no joke:Ifs>I ever win a lotto(please,please,please)I'll open a Klipsch only store with all the Klipsch avalible and that's it.Bet I'd sell some unbelivible HT and 2 channel systems.

Nothing like K-Horns L&R,Belle or La Scala center and Heresy surrounds.

I'd make sure it was next to a local Circuit City and such.People would know what HT and Music should really sound like,not that fake stuff.

Enough said!!!!

I'll agree too. Im tired of correcting my local Klipsch dealers. I was at HiFi Buys yesterday and the guy didnt even know what La Scalas were! I would kinda like to see Klipsch be more selective about who sells their speakers too. There is a store here in Birmingham that sells Klipsch and its 75% car audio with a bunch of punks working there that will tell you how a Rockford Fosgate sub will really "thump" in your listening room. Its pretty sad. It looks more like a speaker junkyard. I like the Klipsch store idea! One room per series. Mac and tubes all the way around! Whoa.

In refernce to Klipsch being more selective in their dealers: They could do that if they'd create "Reference" or "premiere" dealers and allow them to sell via mail order and/or on the Internet. The whole idea of selling a product is to sell it! If Klipsch is selling everything it can make and making a reasonable profit that's one thing but I would bet a boatload of Bose systems that with a simple change to their marketing plan they could double their sales: Allow dealers who are willing to maintain some predetermined level of inventory to sell via mail order at a price of their choosing. Then support their dealers by providing some national advertising or at least the easy availability of advertising copy.

------------------

Richard Hemmings

Amen.

Drove 250 miles today to buy a pair of Klipsch speakers.When I got there that dealer

had a puny stock but heck,at least he had the

Legend towers lined up and ready to demo.I've

never seen 30's,20,s and 10's either at once

or at all at my local dealer.Be glad to get one of those Reference Stores here (hehehe).

I hate to admit it, but now there is an "authorized" Klipsch dealer in my town. It's a miserable one man shop and the last time I went in there I woke him up, at 4PM! At one time, he also sold guns out of the same store. Check my e-mail address and you'll see what I think of guns. Still, his focus in on a dollar and not on serving up audio. As far as I've ever seen, he's never had 2 of anything. I've not been in there since he supposedly picked up Klipsch; I just couldn't take it!

I disagree with the internet sales policy. I wouldn't disagree with a policy that said the selling dealer had to perform all warranty work for the first 6 months or year. That way I couldn't burn a local dealer for repairs on something he didn't sell.

There HAS to be a way to get these people to stock some of the Heritage line, too.

John

John

My local dealer will ONLY sell what they stock. I tried to order a Legend C7 center over a year ago and I was told it was discontinued. I tried to order the KLF 20's or 30's, same line of bull. They tried to sell me an Synergy center. Then I ended up with a reference center they had just got in stock to go with my new KLF 10's I had to buy as unlike the other Legends they were in stock thus COULD be purchased at MSRP. I found the Klipsch site and Bobg gave me some solid info to return with (along with my new RC 3 center) and I spoke to the manager about ordering the C7. I had to go back on another day to see a different manager as the first would not even take my money at MSRP and order it. I spoke to THIS manager more then once over the phone and in person with info from Klipsch saying it was not discontinued and they could order it. Again I was told it was discontinued and could not be ordered. Anyway FINALLY the other manager said he would take my money and see about getting one if possible just for me. I can just about guarantee you guys they took my money to shut me up and send me on my way. A couple of months later and the very week Bobg visited the local dealer, I got my C 7. I don't know if he hand delivered it or not but to this day I wonder if that's how it happened as time and time again my dealer told me they just couldn't locate one and time and time again I voiced my opinion regarding this dealer on this web site to BobG.

I had a similar problem with this dealers lies regarding the purchase of a Denon 3300 they had in stock, said they did not and did not know when they would have in but they had a great price on another Denon unit. YEP, it was the unit that was replaced with the 3300. I called another dealer from the same chain in another state a couple hours from here to see if they had it in before I made the drive and they said yes but so DOES your local store. He said they aren't allowed to start selling the new stuff until they sell off the old stuff.

Paying MSRP is one thing but being lied to intentionally and paying MSRP is a kick in the face to me and I don't like to be kicked in the face!

I don't like Klipsch limiting me to dealing with these used cars salesmen that are in the audio business.

I sure did want one of those new Klipsch sub too.

The attached letter was on another strand. It is from the webmaster at Klipsch. I already have a solution to circumnavigate this policy. Of coarse I will not be posting this solution. As I am sure it was our praise of internet deals that got everybody's underwear in a bunch. I guess we are going to have to keep our traps shut (or in the case of the BB, or fingers tied). Hell I could fly out to NYC stay in Time Square at the Marriott then rent a van and drive home and still save money for the difference in the price of my system compared to the local dealers. And yes I know the Marriott is $265+ a night. My question is, what is Klipsch doing to promote its products to other dealers? Are the dealer incentives that bad that only one dealer is willing to carry some of the best valued speakers on the market? In my area there is more competition for names like: B & W, Hales, Martin Logan and Krell than there is for Klipsch. Sorry about the ranting, I do love my Klipsch speakers. I just think there has to be a better way to manage Klipsch transactions in the marketplace.

Happy listening and enjoy!

JT

Richard Hemmings's idea regarding "reference" dealers who carry a full spectrum of Klipsch product being allowed to then develop an (affordable) etail presence merits careful consideration by Klipsch management. Some variant of it might be worth exploring in detail. Thanks, Dick!

Have loved klipsch for years and the nearest dealer to me was a four hour drive, I bought the reference line a few months ago out of newjersey having never seen or heard these speakers. I had a wonderful buying experience and will order from this dealer many times again in the future, GREAT service. But now I don't have to, pacific sound right here in minot as of last month is a dealer for Klipsch!! Thank you klipsch for finally giving us up here in ND another dealer. I belive we only had 1 other dealer which is in Fargo. & Yes it's the city in the movie Fargo. I only hope they can hold the inventory required so they can keep being a dealer, because here in ND the population isn't that high and the cities are major miles apart, but just having the ability to be able to see and hear a few of the speakers rather than just look at adds is another part of what selling the product is all about. If all dealers were required to stock major inventory it would take away alot of peoples ability to "get to" the product because some dealers just couldn't keep up, and if they can't sell it that means hundreds of people wont be able to see it. I'll settle for a handfull rather than none at all. 99% of people here have no idea what klipsch is, they think bose is the only HT product there is. Now that's ridiculous, so the next time you order a klipsch speaker, call & order it from ND so we can keep our stores and wake some of these frozen rednecks up to what klipsch is!!