Questions on RF-7's and amp selection.

Klipsch RF7

Well my Rotel is a HT reciever but is heralded for its 2ch stereo performance, very warm and a powerful amp, it sounds very good. I was looking to use it as a Pre/Pro and then a nice seperate amp to drive the Klipsch RF-7. I was thinking of a really warm and smooth class A amp to drive them to perfection. The Sugden A21 sounds like a real nice one.

If possible go for a Pure Class A... some amps like the Marantz 7200 hav an option for Class A at which it outputs 30 WpCH...but i am still not convinced the output is pure Class A since if you switch between the two ( ie A & AB With a toggle Button) the difference is not all that much.

25 Watts is steady wattage and would need to go to that level only with low sensitivIty speakers...with an Rf3/Rf7 I doubt whether you would be going above 30 % of its maximum power !!!!

Try to put in a good CD player in as well as from my experience the reference series is very sensitive to that...when I upgraded from a Sony (God knows which one) to a NAD 542 the difference was pretty significant.

I own a Monarchy SM 70 with 25 watts in stereo going to KLF 20s and it sounds fantastic. I just bought 2 SM 70 pros for 685 each directly from Monarchy Audio and as soon as they get here I'll post a review on them going to my KLF 20's which were replaced by the speaker you are going to buy. These are going to be used in mono mode going to some La Scalas I ordered. Good luck with your search.