denon dvd2200

ric

• 2 weeks later...

well where shall i start. at the beginning, ok...the dvd2900 @999.00 is a big player, weighing in at 40 something pounds. great build chassis. the picture and sound are crystal! easy to use remote.ect,ect,ect the dvd2200 @475.00 weighing in at a mere 14 or another pounds good build chassis, picture and sound crystal! altho a progressive flag prob on both machines are there but highly unnoticeable unless your looking for it. layer changes are not even noticeable. the dvd2900 adds 2 more DACs than the dvd2200 but youd really have to listen to notice any difference. so, in retrospect,for the middle class hard working men and woman out there the best buy is the dvd2200 @ 475.00. wounderful machine and worth every penny. the price will go down on both machines im sure as the market will be flooded with copy cat machines. dont be fooled by the others..denon dvd2900/2200 whatever your budget is the way to go.9.gif

----------------

On 12/12/2003 9:39:59 PM ric wrote:

altho a progressive flag prob on both machines are there but highly unnoticeable unless your looking for it.

----------------

I thought that issue was solved on the new Denon DVD players. Are you sure you where not seeing some other kind of artifacting?

----------------

dont be fooled by the others..denon dvd2900/2200 whatever your budget is the way to go.
9.gif

----------------

Yeah, I am seriously considering replacing my JVC with a Denon DVD-2900 player. During the Klipsch visitation this past summer, they had a DVD-2900 in the Reference demo room, and I was impressed with how it looked and sound.

I have been dreaming off either of those DVD players for about 6 months now. Problem is I am not sure that I need to spend $1000 on a DVD player when my reciever only costs $800 and my TV only cost $1200. Don't think im going to see a big improvment in perforance over the $500 2200

What is your opinions?

----------------

On 12/13/2003 12:55:34 AM Thors1982 wrote:

Don't think im going to see a big improvment in perforance over the $500 2200

What is your opinions?

----------------

Given what I currently have, at least for a TV, you are probably right. That is also probably why I am not in a real hurry to upgrade my DVD player. Granted, the SACD and DVD-Audio playback would be nice, but nothing I desperatly need. Still would be nice, though 10.gif.

I'm very happy with my player. I bought the DVD-2200 about a month ago. Very solid performing player.

If I have to be "nitpicky", then the only thing I don't like about this player is:

1) fixed 80Hz crossover in the bass management.

2) no back lit keys on the remote (They do glow in the dark)

3) No button on the remote to shut off video feed to the TV (it is on the front panel display)

4) no "SACD setup" button on the remote to switch between the 5.1, stereo, and CD tracks of SACDs (it is on the front panel display also).

Like I said, that's being very, very picky. #2 is really not a biggie if you use a universal remote like I do. To me, this player is well worth its weight in gold, and I don't regret getting it. A must have even if you just want something for DVD-A, and SACD.

not so fast. the pioneer elite is a very good player in itself but the denon dvd2200 has a little different make up. Digital audio outputs: Coaxial (RCA/phono) and Optical (toslink) Analogue audio outputs: Stereo audio via 2 x phono/RCA sockets, 5.1 multi-channel output for decoded SACD Video outputs: Scart: RGB, S-Video, composite video and stereo audio out

Component video output via 3 x RCA/phono sockets

S-Video output via 4 pin din

Composite video via single RCA/phono socket Compatible disc formats: DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3, Video CD, WMA, JPEG (slideshow) Playback features: Pure direct mode - disables all unnecessary digital processing and decoders for the best 2 channel performance, x2 and x4 zoom, resume play, slow play, repeat: A-B/chapter/track/disc, random play, programme play, SRS True Surround, contrast, brightness, hue, sharpness and gamma adjustments on board Digital sound outputs: Dolby Digital, DTS, PCM Built in decoder? Dolby Digital, DTS, DVD-Audio, SACD Video standards: Pal & NTSC, with PAL & NTSC Progressive Scan output via component video DAC/Digital bits: Video D>A: 108 MHz / 12 Bit

Audio D>A: 192 kHz / 24 Bit Burr Brown Remote control? Yes, remote in/out ports on rear panel W x H x D (mm) / Weight: 434 x 101 x 318 / 4.7 Kg Colour: Black, silver or gold Extra: Independent power supplies for audio and video processing stages, discrete audio and video circuits, all metal case and aluminium fascia, 2MB buffer memory - gives seamless layer transfer, 4:3 and 16:9 output options, on-screen display.9.gif