How Good are the Klipsch Quintets????

Hi....

This will be my first time buying Klipsch speakers and i am trying to set up a home theater environment. If i buy 4 of these quintet speakers can i have a surround sound setup by connecting them through my reciever?? And Finally are Klipsch Quintets good speakers??

Thanks for reading and helping me out.

• 1 month later...

Well I own a quintet home system and this is my first home theater as you can see below. I LOVE my quintets however I am aware that there are bigger and better HT speakers out there. You need to start somewhere though and to me this seemed like a good place. I am soon to start looking for new speakers and doing the continious life long upgrade but to me......that is part of the fun of HT. I recomend the quintets as a great big step above bose. For goodness sakes stay away from that stuff

------------------

This is my first Home Theater so kinda bare with me.

Speakers Klipsch Quintets

Reciever Sony DB-930

MiniDisc Sony MDS-JE510

LaserDisc Pioneer CLD-990

CD player Kenwood DP-R4430

Subwoofer Mirage FRX-15 300 watt

DVD RCA that needs to be upgraded and given to my Dad because he has a bose system and would not know the difference

cobrabites,the Quintets are surely about to become the top seller for Klipsch as everyone goes about setting their speakers "small" and adding multiple subs to their HT so as to "play by the rules" rather than playing by their ears.

Keith

keith, just hook up them ksp devils speaker level w/ the straps on & set those channels large. nobody would

doubt that move on powered towers Biggrin.gif

even if u go line level LFE ins to the sub sections & straps on it doesn't matter (though i went small there). but no need to sweat it like w/ sep. subs.

use your sep. sub in the speaker level loop to center:large.

but know you're tired of me & others talking 'bout it.

my days here are numbered anyway. girlfriend's getting

fed up. may have to get another Wink.gif

------------------

Klipsch KLF 30 (front), KLF C-7, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub woofer

Monsterbass 400 sub interconnect & Monster CX-2 biwire & Z1 cable

Marantz SR-8000 receiver

Sony DVP-C650D 5-disk cd/dvd player

Sony Trinitron 27" stereo tv

Toshiba hi-fi stereo vcr

Technics dual cassette deck

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

Boa's Listenin Lounge:

Klipsch RF-3 (front), RC-3, cheap little Technics (rear)

Monster MCX Biwires

Sony STR-DE935 a/v receiver

Kenwood KR-9600 AM/FM stereo receiver (vintage 1975)

Russound AB-2 receiver switch to RF-3

Teac PD-D1200 5-disk cd changer

Technics SL-1950 turntable/AT LS500 cartridge

Sega Genesis game player

Sub: None yet

rock on!

Good morning to you boa.After much reading lately(I'm sure you know what I mean)that was a toungue-in-cheek response.Yes I have read of your tribulations and understand completely your,and others,uneasyness with running large speakers "small".As I think I said earlier the decision for myself has been made and barring unforseen problems I intend to run my speakers large with one LFE only(maybe surround bass too)sub. I'll find out.BTW,ran across a good buy on KLF20's the other day.Boy,still would like to have a pair!Gotta go to work.Good day to all,

Keith

Just looking for a little "cobrabites boa" dialogue on doin' it LARGE. I guess thinking small grows big ears.cwm5.gif

In any tongue-in-cheek event, T-T-K, I wondered if you had any good ideas as to where I could pick up an iScan Pro unit. They list for $899 and $799 is a low as I have found it. See I CAN be brief... almost!

I'd appreciate any clues. Thanks Confused.gif HornEd

Boy,sure wish I could help HornEd!Actually haven't gotten that far along with the complete makeover of my HT yet.I do remember seeing something about that unit recently.I'll try to find it.I'll keep you in mind as I'm surfin' for those bargain's ED.

Keith

I have to say NO.. I have a set and cant wait to get rid of them.. I'll sell em for 100.00 they are thge white ones. Anyway they dont sound good for music and ht is ok. You really have to crank up the volume to get any out of these.. I have 105 watts going to them and still nothing impressive.. Save your money and Buy the SS-1. That will be my next choice (wish they came in white)

------------------

My HTS:

MAINS: KSB 3.1

CENTER: KSC-C1

REAR: WHITE QUINTETS

SUB: KSW-12

TV: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

RECEIVER:KENWOOD VR-4080B

DVD: SONY S-360 DVD PLAYER

FOR SALE PINANNCLE WIDESCREEN CTR (105.00)

Hey Boa,just passing thru again and re-read the part about being tired of reading about your bass management problems.Hey,I'm not tired of it,rather wish

I had a solution.I have an idea what I would personally

try,but it probably isn't "correct".Wish there was more discussion on the subject.Good luck finding your solution.

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000150.html

Keith

This message has been edited by talktoKeith on 07-25-2001 at 10:47 AM

hey keith, that discussion on htexpert's thread under home theater seems to cover a lot. powered towers are a somewhat different animal though. guess i told u what i did when i had the powered towers - line level to lfe ins & small settings. but the only way to really find out for yourself is to get that 3801 hooked (when the new acurus arrives) & let the experimenting begin. Smile.gif

i found when i got the new marantz that the fronts & center small setting worked best for me w/ a 2-channel source w/ like the 5-channel stereo mode. direct mode bypassing the bass mgmt works best for me w/ a 5.1 channel source like a movie or concert dvd if the source mix/LFE channel are right for it.

anyway, that's the other thread. Biggrin.gif

but check this out (though the guy should also include low bass along w/ LFE):

http://www.audioholics.com/Industry/LFE.htm

This message has been edited by boa12 on 07-25-2001 at 06:27 PM

KD - I bought them locally from the Klipsch dealer, Showcase Home Entertainment (now a part of Sound Advice). They were on "sale" at the time for $300, about a year ago.

I really don't think they are that hard to find, are they? Who is giving you the impression that they are?

Doug

DOUGDRAKE2,

The reason i said that is because I have never seen them on the internet. I dont want to pay dealer price. thou i normally get 20% off from audio express. still 300.00 buck is a bunch. i would like to get some for around 200.00

------------------

My HTS:

MAINS: KSB 3.1

CENTER: KSC-C1

REAR: WHITE QUINTETS

SUB: KSW-12

TV: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

RECEIVER:KENWOOD VR-4080B

DVD: SONY S-360 DVD PLAYER

FOR SALE PINANNCLE WIDESCREEN CTR (105.00)