Explain what your user name means:

kenratboy

"chuck-": When I first started playing Quake online, I used a Charlie Brown skin, and called myself "chuck"

"-ears": Since "chuck", and many variations, were already in use on the forum, I decided to end it with "ears"... it kind of goes with the whole listening-to-klipsch speakers thing.

A lot of forum members call me "chuck" in posts or PM's... and I hate to offer up correction, but everyone who knows me calls me "Lee" (my middle name; my first name is the same as my father's, but even my parents couldn't bring themselves to refer to me as "Harold").

...which brings me to my Home Theater Spot name, "chucklee", because I wanted to start bringing more of the actual "me" to discussion groups... eventually, I abandoned the whole "chuck" thing in new group memberships, which is why I am Lee-M on the Home Theater Forum.

Someday, when I haven't confused or otherwise put everyone to sleep, I'll go back to my audiogon and ebay names (some of the first for which I had to enter a username), but not today...

BTW, I no longer play as "chuck", and I dropped the Charlie Brown skin when I discovered that no one else could see it (unless they had it in the appropriate Quake directory)... not really into the whole multiplayer shoot-em-ups anymore, but when I do, I am "President Gore". 2.gif

The hurdy-gurdy man is my professional name, so it was only natural that I use it.

http://www.geocities.com/the_hurdy_gurdyman/

The picture on my home page was taken on the H.M.S. Tecumseth during the 2000 Tall Ships Festival in Muskegan, Michigan. I was invited to play on board during the Bay City and Muskegan event. Best pic of me I ever had! 2.gif

Dave 9.gif

Raymond - English and French: from the Norman personal name Raimund, composed of the Germanic elements ragin + mund counsel + protection - ie, "wise protector"

Garrison - Origin: English. Meaning: Spear-fortified town.

Thus, a "Raymond Garrison" is a wise protector behind the barricade of a spear-fortified town, protecting family and friends. In today's world of lowest common denominator sound marketed to people who, if given the chance to hear real music, would flock to Klipsch heritage speakers but, sadly, never have the chance to hear them (see Bob G's comment in the Jubilee thread in this forum) I felt that casting myself in the role of Wise Protector of the Audio Truth behind the fusilad of Sharply Pointed Spears was my destiny.

Either that, or my name's Ray Garrison.