HOW MANY PREAMPS HAVE YOU GONE THROUGH?

kqew

These preamps are pieces of for making static, and whoever said its normal then thats !!!!!

I'm on my FOURTH (4th) Pre-Amp, and getting another one this week, from the local store, the owner keeps getting new ones for me from new boxes, so whatever, Klipsch made a preamp, and now they're losing lots of money, and the company is run by some dorks that dont know anything.

Ie: "ya, just turn the knob fast for about 2 minutes, it should go away."

it does for a few hours, but then comes back, am i some kind of retard that will be doing this every few hours? NO!!!!!!!!!!

Oh ya, one more thing.

If places such as Maximum PC, did a review of these that lasted 2 months, or an update, after 2 months, they wouldnt get no 10, but a 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are loud, but that cracking is !!!

No other speakers I had did the same.

The cracking could come from somewhere else...

Check your connections, then mute all other inputs that you're not using.

And stop talking like that, there's no use. It just makes pple laugh at you for being such an irate a-hole.

Trust me its not coming from anywhere else, I've had these for 6 months now.

I did everything i could think off, ok, and besides, everybody knows its the preamp.

That thing doesnt look like its even worth a dime. I bet it was made somewhere in like Korea, and the rest of the speakers in the US.

Don't start talking crap about made in asia stuff...

Most of the stuff you have in your house is probbly made in asia. Xcept you don't know about it. And besides, I don't think they keep making special, made-in-asia, crappy preamps just for you. I'm having no trouble at all with my speakers. Don't you see you're being illogical here? I mean, it's pretty obvious that if the speakers' design and construction were crap, everybody would have the same problem as yours. It is not the case.

I'm guessing the problem is with the speakers themselves, not the preamp. Probbly in the sub's enclosed amp. You should send back the whole speaker system and have them send you a new one.

Oh, and as for the speakers looking like they're not worth a dime, I think you haven't seen other computer speakers in a while, buddy... The Klipsch look like they're made in Heaven compared to other PC speakers!

gotta agree,i've had my pro's since november and no problems. biggrin.gif as with anything else it has alot to do with the envirement there in.if you have them in a dusty envirement it would goto reason you'de have more failures.i wonder if you could shove some cotton or something in the gaps to slow down dust entering the system.

Agreed. The environment/user probably has a lot to do with this. Klipsch has obviously sold thosands of these speakers, and I could probably count the # of people on my hands and feet that have had problems (as posted on this board).

Spewing garbage like you are serves no place here- show some maturity and intelligence.

------------------

The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.

-- Qui Gon Jinn, Star Wars: Episode One

Try the world's greatest search engine: www.google.com

• 7 months later...

I have had 2 pre-amps since buying my Klipsch pro's. I am very happy with the speakers, VERY happy but I am sort of saddened by the lack of service when it comes to pre-amp issues. I would like to see Klipsch replace my pre-amp with the new CP-1, no questions asked. I payed 500 CND dollars for these speakers and I deserve a certain level of service for that amount of money. I would like one of the service reps that monitor this board to give me a toll free number that works in Canada or an E-mail address that goes directly to a customer service rep that can resolve this ASAP. Thanks.

But you have to realize that they made the CP-1 as an upgrade, not as a replacement to the shipping preamp. I know in Canada it costs more and stuff but I also know there's alot of people on here from Canada that are happy paying for an upgrade and not feeling that it's their right as the customer that they should get upgraded whenever they have a little problem. I've had both preamps and haven't had any problems that couldn't be solved by checking the connections and putting an air filter in the room. If you really want to call Klipsch the number's below.

------------------

Klipsch Rules.

ProMedia Tech Support #

1-888-554-5665

promediatech@klipsch.com

I agree with "almost" all the posts here. I have to say that if you got any problem with the promedias at first, you should have changed them immediately after buying them FIRST! And please dont tell me the guy that sold them to you didnt want to, cause there is a law against this. (especialy in Canada)

Now SECOND, you didnt talk about having tried to plug the pros on somebody else's computer to see if the problem was the same. Or I would like to know if the salesman tried them also...Might be interesting to know.

And THIRD, just by the way... Did the salesman really gave you other preamps from new boxes? You are telling me he took a new set and exchange the preamp just for you? And then what, he replace yours (which is not working properly) by the new and he returns the 4 complete sets to Klipsch saying that he got 4 defective sets in a row (which is quite impossible). There are two choices...

1 : your salesman is a real idiot and will lose a lot of money, plus the fact that selling an opened box is quite difficult, especially when it was used before, at least for a month in your case.

2 : Your story isnt totally true and you are just frustrated because you are too stupid to make it work properly and prefer to yell at Klipsch on something that dosnt even make sense!

Tell me now, which of those is what you think as the best option?

And for you Movie Freak, there is NO companies that will simply replace thousands and thousands of products (preamps in this case) just to make 5% of the owners more happy! That's why they dont give them and I totally agree that it is normal. After all, I dont think Klipsch has millions of dollars to lose in these things, I prefer they put it on research to come out with a 5.1 Promedia set...what do you think?

For the service, well, I have to say I agree that Klipsch isnt THAT great in their service department. But let me tell you one thing, what do you prefer? Buying a computer clone from a good business which you wont have any problem with, or minors that you can fix yourself, or you prefer to buy a Compaq computer full of scrap and profit from their extremely well known service because you have tons and tons of problems with your computer.

If you ask me, I chose the clone and I fix problems myself. This things happen to quite most of the companies... When products are good, service is poor cause only a few people need it. And the opposite is often true. (not always though)

But I do understand what you mean, and I agree with you for that, I just wanted to explain a little bit what I thought.

Well, getting tired of typing, cya later all. And please kqew, dont answer me with such disrespect for this company, since you are the only one here that thinks this way!

------------------

I'm the real Mike, and proud of it!

Hey, I'm not saying Klipsch should replace every pre-amp in the world, but sooner than later they will run out of the old pre-amps... because there is a problem with some of them.

1) I don't think anyone is denying that the old pre-amp has static issues.

2) I was a little harsh about the service thing, my retailer has been wonderful and understanding with myself and Klipsch, I think it should no longer be my retailers responsibility if there are known issues with a certain product. If someone is not having issues with the old pre-amp, good for them, but for the rest of us that are having issues with it, it is time to correct them.

3) I am not some morron that does not know how to set up speakers on a PC and I have a small army of friends with engineering backgrounds, so believe me when I say I have tried everything in my power to come up with a fix on my own. But as a consumer, I should not have to attempt to "FIX" a problem with a product that I didn't design, build or sell to myself, Klipsch sold it to me! So Klipsch should service my product so that it will never happen again. If that means giving me the new CP-1, then thats what they should do!

------------------

Movies take us to a place we would like to be and away from a place we would like to forget.

There is something I dont get about that, if your "army" of guys with engineering backgrounds say that the Klipsch arent working properly, then why in the hell didnt you change all the set! Who knows if YOUR problem isnt only in the pre-amp? If you tell me that you test a dozen of other pros and that they all had the same problem, I would say yeah... Problem from Klipsch, they got to do something for it... But if you are the only one that got this problem, and that you didnt exchange the product at first or made it repair in the worst case. That isnt of Klipsch business... I got the old pre-amp, and I'm sorry to say that I dont see any problem with it. And I think it's quite the same for almost all of us right?

------------------

I'm the real Mike, and proud of it!

guys...

1) calm down guys, this is starting to get ugly for no reason

2) i read the whole thread again, and there's just one thing from the first post that made me roll on the floor laughing...

" is run by some dorks that dont know anything."...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!

This company is one of the oldest, most respected company in audio. Their success is undeniable, and they have been offering great products to audiophiles and enthusiasts for a LONG time.

Just the success of the promedia systems crushes your statement to death. Just sell the speakers on ebay and shut up.

3) Mike, I'd have to disagree with your appreciation of Klispch's service level. Have you had to deal with them? Most people who have have come away VERY satisfied, saying the service was the best they ever encountered. The tech support and other staff are obviously very busy, there is a lot of demand for them. But once they get ahold of you, they really take care of you and go to great lenghts to make sure they turn your opinion around. Anyways.

4) a quick link: http://www.klipsch.com/ubb/Forum10/HTML/003053.html

let's not start the whole dispute all over again, it happened a few weeks ago, i won't let it happen again!

Wow!

I think this has gone beyond my original intensions!

I just wanted to make the point that I have tried everything possible to address this issue on my own. Obviously as a consumer I will feel a little let down when I change something that has been diagnosed by a certified Klipsch dealer as the problem and it re-occurs with the part that Klipsch supplies.

I know that Klipsch will take care of me, because my uncle had a old set of Klipsch, REAL old and they still helped him out years after the original purchase. So there I'm not concerned.

I am however concerned about having to replace a part numerous times at my expense, driving, time and so on, even when there is a part that can correct the problem overall, not just a temporary fix.

I will continue to be a loyal and content Klipsch customer no matter what pre-amp I receive as a replacement. I just hope it is the one that cures my problem for good.

------------------

Movies take us to a place we would like to be and away from a place we would like to forget.

• Moderators

This is some thread! I'll do my best to wrap it up...

kqew: It is possible that the store you're going through for your replacements is giving you preamps from the same batch. Although we haven't positively narrowed the problem down to a specific batch, it's certainly possible. Contact me by email and we'll work something out where I can send you one from our warehouse and see if that will take care of it. And please discontinue the rude language--it won't be tolerated on this board.

Movie Freak: Are you going through one store in Canada for your replacements as well? We could try the same solution for you.

It's really best to go through Klipsch directly for any warranty purposes as opposed to retailers. This way, we can keep a history of the problems you've had, test the parts returned to find out the cause and note the specific batch numbers, and work out solutions for special cases/circumstances. If we don't have documentation on problems, it hard to work out a plausible solution.

I hope this helps. If anyone has questions or comments for me on this issue, feel free to email me directly.

And as always, contact me about any warranty issues. There's almost always a solution to these issues that will please everyone involved smile.gif

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

888-554-5665

I'm already on my second pre-amp. And I have a feeling that I'll soon be sending it in for the 3rd one. And it's all because they all start to make staic noises, and weird noises after about 3 months!

And I'm really sick and tired of paying for the shipping back to Kilpsch for a new preamp! It's not my fault that it needs service. Why should I pay for the shipping?

And what if my waranty expires? Am I stuck with the last pre-amp? And what if it goes bad again? And I'm not even abusing the speakers. I just let it sit there, I dont even touch the volume knob. I use the window slide bar all the time, and it's kinda annoying too. I'm doing all I can so the pre-amp can live longer. But I just dont think I like this pattern of the pre-amp going bad after a 3 - 4 months.

Any one fear that their pre-amp might go bad right after its waranty expires? I am.