SW-15II Loud Thump/Pop when swithing inputs

klipsch

I have a SW-15II powered sub that is connected to the sub out on a Yamaha RX-V692. When I change inputs on the receiver there is a thud that is heard out of the sub. This does not happen when the sub is off. The thud volume is not constant, but varies with the volume control. So when I'm cranking with a LD and want to switch over to a DVD, the thud can be extremely loud. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steven

Not sure how to help you here. Any sub, when you turn it on or off, may have a slight thump...when powered up or down. (I suggest always keeping the volume low then turning it on then turn it up, and before shutting it off, turning it down then the unit off.

Just like home speakers, or even a car radio, you would not turn the power on switch on an amp on... all the way up... to a radio station for instance.

As far as a constant thump between say a TV or DVD I do not have this problem, maybe Technical Support can help.