klipsch classifieds

t-man

Anybody here interested in a classifieds post on the this BB? I'm so sick of checking Ebay, audioreview, etc... for used Klipsch.

Seeing as how we are all a big happy family here, wouldn't it be nice peace of mind to trade each other our equipment! I would feel much more comfy purchasing a high dollar vintage Klipsch speaker from the forum.

We could limit sales to USED equip only, and not allow those "ebay dealers" to participate with their unopenned UBID crap. That would also prevent competition with Klipsch's dealers since we would only be selling used stuff. Sound good?

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I

• Like 2

Sounds like a good idea to me......that way we could all know what is available from people we "know".

Even though Ebay, Audioreview, Audiogon, Audioweb, and all the other classified sites are great sources for Klipsch speakers.....you really never know who you are dealing with.

------------------

Home Theater System:

Klipsch Quartets - mains for both systems

Klipsch KV3 - center

Klipsch KG.5's - rear surrounds

Klipsch KSW12 subwoofer

Denon AVR-1601

Music System:

Adcom GFA-555 Musical Concepts Modified

NAD 1600 Pre/Tuner

Sony C-67ES CD Player

The classified section would be nice! It would be nice to be able to buy having some sense of confidence ( Smile.gif assumed Smile.gif ) in buying members of the boards systems. Would we be able to buy certain members crossovers and cat 5 interconnects thru the classifieds also or would it be limited to Klipsch gear?

While all but three of my speakers came from regional authorized dealers (within 250 miles), I purchased my C-7 and my last pair of KLF 30's from people who mentioned they had them for sale on this BB. Both transactions were a delight (except for FedEx & Mail Boxes, Etc.) but that was not the fault of the poster... a Hope, AR, native and German student of Mrs. PWK. The other fellow has a fishing boat, is as devoted a big Klipsch guy as you will find... and knows how to smoke his own fresh caught salmon.

My point is finding lost Legends on this board is a great opportunity to know good people better.

Obviously, commerce always has a potential downside, but I rather take a chance with someone (liberal, conservative or anarchist) that is willing to stand the objective scrutiny of this pack of nitpickers than some slicker waiting to pull my chain on ebay.

Maybe we could do it informally on "Upgrading Older Speakers" since that is what is usually happening when someone is looking for a good home for an old Klipsch. After all, preserving a market for old Klipsch speakers builds a better word-of-mouth basis to attract new Klipsch sales. Avast ye connoisseurs of closeted Klipsches and SALE ON, me mateys! cwm30.gif HornEd

PS: I would not expect Klipsch to underwrite an ebay-like bid process... but a minimal haggle direct sale opportunity certainly has been pleasant for buyer and seller in my case... and no damage was made to authorized dealers since the purchases were for discontinued models. I certainly feel better about laying down big bucks for new speaks when I believe my old speaks retain real value to my ears AND my pocketbook.

This message has been edited by HornEd on 06-10-2001 at 10:24 AM

I've been waiting for this topic to come up. Talked to honorable Webmaster about the notion when we designed the original bb'd. I think it's a great idea, but we have some concerns about liability etc.

No problem with all of you offering items and requesting private email contact. What with the new instant message features and other contact options, this forum offers all the tools. Probably best to keep Klipsch out of it on any formal level, but heck, it's an open forum. Your forum more than ours. Go for it.

Anybody want a pair of KG 5.2s in oak oil. I don't know about this guy or his veracity, but he's selling a pair for only $200 in the Chesapeak, VA area.

Email vodka813@altavista.com for details. My spidey sense told me to pass on this one, but if you live local, it may be worth it for a trip to inspect.

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I

I think a classifieds section would be great!...of course it would have to be a "klipsch makes no guarantess as to the accuracy or voracity of the posts on this classifieds section, it is for the use of...." but it would be great!

So is this something we are going to see in the near future? Is it going to be it's own forum within the BB?

And of course Klipsch would be of no responsiblity to the transactions that take place, a simple disclaimer would take care of any and all liability.

------------------

Home Theater System:

Klipsch Quartets - mains for both systems

Klipsch KV3 - center

Klipsch KG.5's - rear surrounds

Klipsch KSW12 subwoofer

Denon AVR-1601

Music System:

Adcom GFA-555 Musical Concepts Modified

NAD 1600 Pre/Tuner

Sony C-67ES CD Player

In order for this to be worthwhile, I think we need to ask the fine folks at Klipsch BB to give us a discrete forum for this use. Otherwise, I will save no time searching EACH and EVERY forum for gear. That would be more time wasted than looking at EBAY.

The people have spoken.

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I

great! more speaker liquidity makes klipsch an even better value. kinda like companies directly offering their own traded stock. klipsch has got to be the hippest audio company around!

------------------

Klipsch KLF 30 (front), KLF C-7, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub woofer

Monsterbass 400 sub interconnects & Monster CX-2 biwire & Z-12 cable

Marantz SR-8000 receiver

Sony DVP-C650D cd/dvd player

Sony Trinitron 27" stereo tv

Toshiba hi-fi stereo vcr

Technics dual cassette deck

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

Boa's Listenin Lounge:

Klipsch RF-3 (front), RC-3, cheap little Technics (rear)

Monster MCX Biwires

Sony STR-DE935 a/v receiver

Kenwood KR-9600 AM/FM stereo receiver (vintage 1975)

Russound AB-2 receiver switch to RF-3

Teac PD-D1200 5-disk cd changer

Technics SL-1950 turntable/AT LS500 cartridge

Sega Genesis game player

Sub: None yet

rock on!

This message has been edited by boa12 on 06-13-2001 at 07:03 PM

Thanks, BobG... we needed that. I would suggest that once folks have "connected" on the "Trading Posts" that they conduct any negotiations or finalizing of the deal over their own email or by telephone... that's how we did in my acquisitions over this BB when authorized dealers could not supply my needs. IMHO, if Klipsch can give us a place to meet and we do the details off site, there is not even a question of a computer error in what a thread said. It is a great comfort knowing that we have the peer pressure of Klipsch owners to make this a great place to swap. Again, thanks for banging away at the legal team. Smash.gif HornEd

don't worry bob we know that this section will be a "klipsch provides this section for the private and unverfied use of..." blah, blah, blah, and besides the legal department will assure that you place a disclaimer on the pages...go bob, go!

FWIW, I think it's a great idea! Bring it on!

Klipsch has undoubtably one of the best websites I've yet found of any audio company. Most don't even have forums, and one that does (Polk), requires you to prove that you are a Polk owner to use it! LONG LIVE KLIPSCH AND LONG MAY THEY SMILE ON US. (or laugh at us, as the case may be.)

------------------

JDMcCall