klipsch classifieds

t-man

Nah, not up yet. Just an informal thing in these threads. As another current owner of KG4s, I'd respectfully suggest you consider keeping them. They are terrific speakers (as you know) and you'll want them for a remote system one day (like in the bedroom) or for the kids ("my Dad gave me these when I was ..."). Stack 'em in a closet if you need to for a while, or use them as surrounds for your Legends! I kept mine when I got my Forte's, and they are doing Living Room duty now.

Doug

Hey Whitehawk!!

Where did you find those KLF's. I've been shopping tweeters for over a month now for some discontinued KLFs (I hear they are closing them out cheap!), but can't find any. I also live in the Chicago area - Palatine.

How much you want for the KG4's? PM me.

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I

Any word yet from the "powers that be" about the much wanted CLASSIFIED section???? Hopefully they are busy at work hammering out the details cwm15.gif

Scott

------------------

Front - Quartets (Walnut oil)

Center - KG1.2v (Walnut oil)

Rear - Optimus (haha)

Receiver - Marantz SR-680 (upgraded from Denon AVR-810)

CD - Denon DCM-320

Tape - Denon DRW-850 (soon to be back in the box)

MD - Sony MDS-JE330

DVD - coming soon

Sharp 27"

I would love a place to get heritage Heresy cornwall la scala Klipschorn's speakers and or products without getting "Taken" too. After several months monitoring Cornwalls on ebay, yahoo, etc etc.. I would say we insiders know how special these are...But I seem to see the same speakers on ebay after a couple of months or so. Are they selling them to themselves??? taking a write off...

(There is one particular la scala with a woodburning job on the side looks drug influenced I giggle every time I see it.LOL)

I know a set of birch raw cornwalls say 1982 on for 400-600 dollars is a steal...but I read others supposedly finding them too. I wish I could find them also???

I have a very large room to play the Cornwalls in... I can tell anyone, without reservation, they are awesome!!!!!!

I have a pair of KG4s that I bought around 1990. Oak finish, excellent condition. I still have the original boxes and paperwork. I have moved them from Indiana, to Wisconsin, to California and now to Oregon. I am interested in selling them. What would be a reasonable price?

This message has been edited by 2112speakers on 06-29-2001 at 04:45 PM

Help! whats a pair of

Cornwall II W/O

Tangent 10's W/O

Original boxes for both

going for???

I'm recently married/moved and have no space

I'm the original owner since 87 they are in good cond

MRHOWDY

Mrhowdy@hotmail.com

This message has been edited by mrhowdy on 07-14-2001 at 02:17 PM

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's been a few weeks now and still no word on a classifieds section. How about it guys, Phil, Bob, Jim, or Webmaster......is it going to happen or not?

------------------

Home Theater System:

Klipsch Quartets - mains for both systems

Klipsch KV3 - center

Klipsch KG.5's - rear surrounds

Klipsch KSW12 subwoofer

Denon AVR-1601

JVC 36D201 36" TV

JVC HR-S3600 SVHS Player

JVC XV-M565BK DVD Player

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2100 Digital Cable box

Music System:

Adcom GFA-555 Musical Concepts Modified

NAD 1600 Pre/Tuner

Sony C-67ES CD Player

Playstation 2

Monster Power HTS-2000

MIT Speaker Cable

RS Gold Interconnects

Monster S-Video and Component Cables

I'd say we could probably just start listing stuff here until Bob/Phil/Jim/Webmaster tell us differently or start an official category.

I picked up a nice pair of Forte'IIs (1990) in oiled Oak this weekend I will be putting up for sale soon. They are in good, not excellent condition with a few nicks along the bases and a *danged* water ring on one (a little 0000 steel wool, light stain and some elbow grease and they would look real nice).

------------------

Ed W

Is this guy serious? Another clear case for why we need a classifieds section. To avoid these types of people. I sure hope this seller is not a board member here. Did he really think nobody would notice the dented dust cover on his "perfect, with no imperfections at all" speakers. Whatever.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1256654053

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I

Any body seeking CF-3's (black) & KV-4 matching center (2 available) speaker send me a private message.

Also available: KSP-400 (black) and, get this, 4 KSP-S6 surround speakers in white! I haven't been holding out, these all belong to a friend. All good shape.

BobG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 18 years later...

I have had klipsch speakers since way back when.

Got hooked when I went into this little stereo shop that only dealt with super high end audio. I believe that was the year Paul Klipsch introduced the cornerhorn.

I have recently had to downsize to a smaller house and now I am faced with having to part with some of my cherished audio equipment.

For the most part I can keep my everyday listening equipment but must part with the theater equipment , as I can no longer have that kind of space.

I need to get rid of my Ultra2 THX sound system. It is in like new condition and don't want to list with others that have no idea of what Klipsch really is.

Any thoughts or help would be much appreciated.

Your fellow Audiophile.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wally The Dude said:

I have had klipsch speakers since way back when.

Got hooked when I went into this little stereo shop that only dealt with super high end audio. I believe that was the year Paul Klipsch introduced the cornerhorn.

I have recently had to downsize to a smaller house and now I am faced with having to part with some of my cherished audio equipment.

For the most part I can keep my everyday listening equipment but must part with the theater equipment , as I can no longer have that kind of space.

I need to get rid of my Ultra2 THX sound system. It is in like new condition and don't want to list with others that have no idea of what Klipsch really is.

Your fellow Audiophile.

Try the "Garage Sale" section here if you want to sell them to a Klipsch lover.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/forum/63-garage-sale/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wally The Dude said:

Agree with @babadono ^^^.  Don't hook onto someone else's thread, start your own FS in the Garage Sale sub-forum.  More people will see it that way.

My suggestion is for you to think in terms of what info a potential buyer needs.  Price, your location.  Plenty of pictures.  Be specific about what you have, how many speakers, does a sub come with the bundle, and whatever else you think might help your sale.

I am not a potential buyer for your gear, but depending where you're at I might know someone who is.

• Like 1