Fed Ex Sucks Broke new TT, nwo no LP's

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 12/19/2003 1:40:18 AM rf3iicrazy wrote:

Smilin,

I have a table for you that you can audition before you buy. Comes complete for under $600.00 with cart and all. Let me know if your interested.

Tom
----------------

Tom the bomb,

I would appreciate that Very much, which TT & cart. is it? BTW how ya doin, sorry I've been so frigin busy on the weekends with my daughter I haven't had a chance to come out and See U. How does during the week next week look before Christmas? Otherwise it will have to be after the first of the year, cause I'm flying south of the border2.gif I need's a margarita and a burrito11.gif with a side order of SUNSHINE11.gif and golf.6.gif

Call me or I'll call U, @office now!

Smilin

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 12/18/2003 3:20:24 PM Frzninvt wrote:

Hey Smilin, these guys have a Thorens TD 166 II Turntable and I believe they are in the Chicago area.
click on the "Used Gear" tab and it will be towards the bottom of the New Additions. They have a photo of it and it looks nice. If they are close enough to you can pick it up and save the shipping aggravation.

Fedex destroyed the matching DBX CX-1 Reference Preamp ($2500) to my BX-1 Power Amplifier and it can never be replaced. It could have been packed better but they misrouted it and it went everywhere except where it was supposed to go - IDIOTS! Fedex Ground is slow to handle claims and yuo have to ride their *** constantly but they do pay eventually.

Sorry to hear about your TT
15.gif
----------------

Frz,

Thanksforthe reco, those guys are about 10minutes from me,but Ithink I may go with a higher end TT.

If you see better around, please let me know, I will call them and see what else they have2.gif

Smilin more today3.gif

Before anyone has a turntable shipped, that should make sure it is completely disassembled if at all possible. While some tables dont have removeable tonearms, most better tables do and should be completely taken apart and packed with care. IF buying something like a Linn LP-12, always see if the original box is included as this is very helpful in packing. Realize that you arent even supposed to MOVE the Linn with the inner or outer platter in place. I cringe imaginging people shipping these tables with the platter inserted; this goes for a host of tables, actually. The platter should always be removed and broken down for shipping or travel.

Packing of the turntable can make or break a sale, quite literally. Dont assume the seller has a clue here. You must request this and make sure he knows to follow through, otherwise your new purchase will be a major mess on your hands.

kh

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 12/19/2003 10:54:02 AM mobile homeless wrote:

Before anyone has a turntable shipped, that should make sure it is completely disassembled if at all possible. While some tables dont have removeable tonearms, most better tables do and should be completely taken apart and packed with care. IF buying something like a Linn LP-12, always see if the original box is included as this is very helpful in packing. Realize that you arent even supposed to MOVE the Linn with the inner or outer platter in place. I cringe imaginging people shipping these tables with the platter inserted; this goes for a host of tables, actually. The platter should always be removed and broken down for shipping or travel.

Packing of the turntable can make or break a sale, quite literally. Dont assume the seller has a clue here. You must request this and make sure he knows to follow through, otherwise your new purchase will be a major mess on your hands.

kh
----------------

Kh,

Those are words of wisdom, which I happen do have learned the hard way

2.gif I think I will stick with Local only, new or MINT3.gif

Smilin

----------------

On 12/19/2003 10:45:10 AM smilin wrote:

----------------

On 12/19/2003 1:40:18 AM rf3iicrazy wrote:

Smilin,

I have a table for you that you can audition before you buy. Comes complete for under $600.00 with cart and all. Let me know if your interested.

Tom
----------------

Tom the bomb,

I would appreciate that Very much, which TT & cart. is it? BTW how ya doin, sorry I've been so frigin busy on the weekends with my daughter I haven't had a chance to come out and See U. How does during the week next week look before Christmas? Otherwise it will have to be after the first of the year, cause I'm flying south of the border
2.gif
I need's a margarita and a burrito
11.gif
with a side order of SUNSHINE
11.gif
and golf.
6.gif

Call me or I'll call U, @office now!

Smilin

----------------

Smilin,

I have three tables. I'm selling the second one that I've owned. The Rega P3. It will come with Espressemino Heavyweight and VTA upgrade. the tone arm is the RB300 with the Incognito wire upgrade that was profesionally installed by Brit Audio. The cartridge is a Ortofon Super 30 OM. The package sounds very nice for a mid fi table, the arm and wire upgrade alone are worth the asking price. It is mint, only flaw is some slight markings on the headshell were the screws hold the cart, otherewise in great condition. I was going to wait for the holidays to be over and put it on Audiogon for sale but...., anyways call me if your interested in a listen.

Tom

Guest Anonymous

WOW

Fed ex came by a few minutes ago, picked up the box left me a tracking # and now I have to play the waiting game. At least the driver had a sence of humor. Oh, well, now I will see how long this debacle will take. Thanks to all for the kind support and in letting me vent and not get to streesed out6.gif Now to bigger and better things, I wil;l keep you guys informed as to the prograss in getting $$$, hopfully they will be express at the PAYBACK2.gif

ALL SUGGESTIONS ON WHICH TT I SOULD GET ARE WELCOME

Smilin15.gif to10.gif

Smilin if you made out the claim form (downloadable from the fedex site), took digital pics, printed them on your printer and sent it all in to fedex they'll send a check within 20-30 days. But, it will go to mark. They won't ever send a check to a recipient even if that person made out the claim form.

PS I just got done packing up a JVC turntable I sold on ebay. I used extra care thanks to this thread!

Personally, I think Tom's Rega P3 table with the Rega RB-300 and Incognito wire upgrade (Cardas wire uninterrupted from cartridge to RCA jacks) to be an excellent choice depending on the asking price. Ther arm is the best thing on this table and with the Incognito wire upgrade is an excellent arm that can handle MC cartridges as well. Again, this wire takes this arm to a new level. The great thing is that this arm could be fitted to many tables if you ever want to upgrade. The Rega Planar/P3 is really a solid table better than a host of options. IT is totally turnkey as well. That sounds like a good deal with the VTA adjusting, weight, and cartridge.

Also there is a VPI HW-19 Mk III on Audiogon that is priced nicely with Sumiko MMT arm and Dynavector cartridge. The AR ES-1 table with Incognito Rega RB-300 is also a GREAT table and arm combo. I would place the AR ES-1 above the Rega P3 in musicality but a bit less in ease of use/setup as it employs a spring suspension. But it's a sweet table.

Tom's offer might be the safest route if you have a good stand/place to put your Rega. The Planar 3/P3 has no susspension and depends on a good stand. But check Audiogon for those tables I mentioned above - with a OBO talk, those are VERY good deals. Know a few hear are interested, however.

kh

Dean,

I wonder if I should hold anymore shpiment till after the Holidays myself !!

Kelly,

Do you know what is involved in upgrading the Cable and arm/cartridge wiring on my MMF-7 by any chance. I would like to have it just 1 foot longer and a cable that can hold up better to my constant unhooking to test on other peoples amps. There holding up fine so far but........

Craig

Guest Anonymous

Kelly,

Man oh man do I have a lot to learn, when I bought the thorens from Mark, I figured I would have a starter TT to play with, and see if I even like the extra hassle of spending the time to clean, anti-static, wash, spin, p/u the arm, put it down, cover, uncover, balance, buy extra phono pre. Oh I forgot, I should have some albums too(I have zero now) Kelly, I am now going thru my mind of thought with my last TT, the B & O Linear(forget model?)and that was automatic! I am starting to remember how I hated all the manual TT's in my past. OMG am I ready to reform my old preferences that much, will I even REALLY use a manual TT even if the sound is that much better?

Am I just going nutz cause I read the threads of you guys loving vinyl so much, I must admit I want to feel myself, what I read into your posts, the feeling and depth you guys recieve when listening to the albums,(btw what is black noise?)I remember why I decided to change from all Martin Logans to Klipsch, The first time I heardn cornwall's I listened to Aerosmith, toys in the attic, anf the sounds I heard still are with me today, in my head. I still have not been able to reproduce that experience even with SACD, DVD-A, Special order DVD from Japan, so far Just on Toys in the attic I have bought 4 different CD"S to try and recreate the thrill of what I heard, and I am thinking it MUST be the analog qualities of the vinyl combined with a great TT. I feel like 'm goin NUTZ2.gif6.gif

gotta work

Smilin and Confused2.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 12/19/2003 12:24:48 PM BigBusa wrote:

Smilin if you made out the claim form (downloadable from the fedex site), took digital pics, printed them on your printer and sent it all in to fedex they'll send a check within 20-30 days. But, it will go to mark. They won't ever send a check to a recipient even if that person made out the claim form.

PS I just got done packing up a JVC turntable I sold on ebay. I used extra care thanks to this thread!
----------------

BB,

Thanks for the advice, but I have stressed enough already, since the money goes to Mark, I am going to ask him to do it. Pack pack OVERPACK is the lesson today KIDS, overpack always15.gif3.gif Smiles

Guest Anonymous

Craig,

I love the new dew, did ya shave your pits, legs, puss like a lady should2.gif got your panties in a bind? your bra too tight? chill out babe, wanna have a drinky poo6.gif

Get Back To Work2.gif

Smilin and luvin your new look

Smilin, quit complaining! Buy more gears, enjoy and keep smiling 1.gif.

Your lost reminded me of an incident happened more than a month ago. I bought an EICO ST-70 amp off eBay. The guy was local to the SF bay and I insisted that he let me pick up the amp. For some reason, he did not want to meet me in person and wanted to send it via UPS. Well, guess what happen? UPS totally destroyed it. He regretted that he didn't listen to me the first time. The good thing is he refunded me right after filing for a claim with UPS.

I knew UPS all too well. Though I have had less problems with FedEx and USPS. Anything so delicate such as the TT, I would only buy local.

"btw what is black noise?"

I believe your refering to a blacker background in musical presentation. When you experience it in your system you will know.

The tone & smoothness in analog is something that is very appealing to me. Turning my system up at the same decibel levels analog vs digital, analog keeps you wanting more, were as digital in the long run does impose fatigue by comparison.

Tom

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 12/19/2003 1:30:30 PM rf3iicrazy wrote:

"btw what is black noise?"

I believe your refering to a blacker background in musical presentation. When you experience it in your system you will know.

The tone & smoothness in analog is something that is very appealing to me. Turning my system up at the same decibel levels analog vs digital, analog keeps you wanting more, were as digital in the long run does impose fatigue by comparison.

Tom
----------------

tom,

I believe you, BTW 2 things, 1) is the TT you have completly manualtonearm and 2) Do you have Toys in The Attic? cause I can bring a pair of corn's over to listen to with you if that works, and we can do it like tuesday, please, please, please6.gif2.gif3.gif

Smilin4.gif

Yes it is completely manual, that trait goes along with higher levels of performance.

Do I have Toys in the Attic on LP, what rocker wouldn't?

You want to haul your corns to my house to listen to that LP? You are a whack case. I'll do one better,(although it would be nice to listen to the corns in my system) come over, have a listen on my system on the Scala's, if it leaves you undecided take the table and LP home for a listen on your own system, otherwise you are more than welcome to bring the corns over.

Next week, I am part of the skeleton crew at the shop, may or may not be hectic. Are you talking about coming in the evening after 5:00 pm, it would be do able.

Tom

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 12/19/2003 1:59:46 PM rf3iicrazy wrote:

Yes it is completely manual, that trait goes along with higher levels of performance.

Do I have Toys in the Attic on LP, what rocker wouldn't?

You want to haul your corns to my house to listen to that LP? You are a whack case. I'll do one better,(although it would be nice to listen to the corns in my system) come over, have a listen on my system on the Scala's, if it leaves you undecided take the table and LP home for a listen on your own system, otherwise you are more than welcome to bring the corns over.

Next week, I am part of the skeleton crew at the shop, may or may not be hectic. Are you talking about coming in the evening after 5:00 pm, it would be do able.

Tom
----------------

Tom,

are you callin me NUTZ, what the hell are U saying

14.gif Do I have to keep knockin myself out?6.gif Of course I am one krazy MF, and I DO presume U R 211.gif I will try to arrange picking up 1 of the Many pairof corn's I have purchased11.gif on the way to your house. The morning is better, but what f***ing choice do I have12.gif C ya Soon

Smilin and Dialin