How are the Parts Express subs?

JasN00b

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=300-762&ctab=1

Such as that one?

Would I be better off with an SVS PCi 25-31? PB1-ISD? Another kind I missed (in the same price range)?

Its going to be used to add some low-end reinforcement to my B&W 602 S3s, and will have movie duty as well. I'd say about 75% music, 25% movie.

Thanks.

From the parts alone it should be a winner,and you will mostly use it for music,in this case should be a great buy.Parts are great,performance should be on par.

How it compares with SVS,the SVS will no doubt have more low end outut and descend deeper.The Parts Express sub should give you more "punch" and this is often welcome with music,even if not what I would call linear.

I agree with everything that's been said already, but I just want to point out the importance of that eq. While more bands are preferable a single band can have a significant impact on perceived sound quality by reducing the level of your biggest room induced peak. I just don't think this is stressed enough. It seems like a perfect candidate for you if you mostly use it for music. I've used the Dayton DVC12 in a sealed enclosure and it did a fabulous job music and home theater.