sub's wiring wrong??

I have had the original pro's for about a year and a half now, and have been very happy with them. Recently I had to unplug everything and move them off the ground so the carpet could be shampood. When I hooked the speakers back up, I ran into a problem I first encountered when I first hooked them up but had forgotten.

I plugged everything in accordingly, ex: front left and front right speaker under the 'front' catagory, etc. I go to my Aureal vortex sound program to make sure all 4 speakers are behaving accordingly. However when I test the front left speaker, noise comes out of the back left speaker, and when I test the front right speaker, noise comes from the back right, etc. It seems the inputs are mismatched on the back of the sub, unless im doing something wrong? I'm pretty sure iv hooked all the speakers to the right inputs becaues this problem has reoccured everytime I hooked the speakers up, but never thought of posting the problem.

The way I got past this for the past year was to hook them up backwards, so the front left would go into the back left input, and so on. Then id test them on my sound program and it would be correct. So I did that again, accept this time the sound is not balanced. It seems that the right front and rear speaker dominate the other 2 and throw everything off balance If I hook them up properly once again the balance is restored, but of course then I face the original problem.

Is it possible the wiring in the inputs is wrong? If not what is causing this?

BlueMagic

------------------

Join my low fiber all fat diet today and you too can be an unemployed slob!

Well, im almost too embarrised to ever come back to this board..im an idiot. I always overlook the simplest explanation. I dont know why that never occured to me. Thanks for pointing that out..of course.the downside to that, is that in the past everytime i adjusted the volume knob i got static in the back left speaker, and it didnt bother me much cause its far away, but now its coming from the front left..grr..cant ever win. ahwell.thanks for the tip Smile.gif

------------------

Join my low fiber all fat diet today and you too can be an unemployed slob!