center channel speaker stand

dtreat776

make one yourself, I did.

my KLF-C7 sits on a stand right in front of my RPTV (65" Mits).

bought two pre-cut finished shelf boards from Menards.

one shelf was a little larger than the other and used it on the bottom for stability.

bought two 1" thick, 36" long dowel rods.

cut dowel rods to desired length.

assemble with screws.

center sounds a lot better than on top of the RPTV.

You proabbly can't tell but the rubber handle is propped up which angles the speaker right at my head. When I took the photo I was standing behind the main seating area so it gives the impression of being angled too low. I actually have more room to tilt it even higher but it is not required as I used a laser to position it to point right at my head when seated.

Is the Sanus shelf mentioned in this thread the "SANUS SYSTEMS TV-SB Television Shelf for Center Channel Speakers"? If so, it appears this shelf is only 19" wide and supposedly only holds 15 lbs. At first glance that wouldn't seem to work for the RC-7 mentioned or my C-7--but has anyone used this shelf successfully for those speakers? Does anyone know of a similar top-of-the-TV shelf that is wider and will support more weight? Unfortunately a stand in front of my TV won't work for my setup, unless I get a different TV stand.

dtreat776

did you paint the dowel rods?

at first I lived with them natural. then finally painted them.

the center on the sheld right in front of the RPTV is usually more in line with the mains. the goal is to keep the speakers on the same plane.

placing the center on top throws this off completely.

if you can get a pic of your stand in your setup, would like to see it.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to bring this one back from the dead. :)

In searching the archives for "speaker stand" for the RC-xx series, I didn't see this link mentioned, so I thought I'd share it for those who need a stand for their Reference centers.

I just ran across http://www.standsandmounts.com/index.asp, who has a section for center speaker stands specifically, as well as "regular" speaker stands broken down into very useful (and unusual) height categories. For those looking for a single, pre-manufactured 13" stand, this seems like a good place to know.

Best regards,

~~Nathan