Another DIY Center

EJH

Hmmmm, so three years ago he revisited and said he was getting rid of the whole system, but didn't mention a replacement. It was a nice project though. I would be more inclined to try a coaxial or build a MEH for a center.

Bruce

The easiest would be to simply duplicate the Heresy box volume  but in a longer narrower design.   You could even put 2 separate motor boards. One fixed for the woofer, the other for the mid/tweet, square and rotatable to try horizontal or vertical orientation. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/2/2019 at 11:37 AM, efzauner said:

The easiest would be to simply duplicate the Heresy box volume  but in a longer narrower design.   You could even put 2 separate motor boards. One fixed for the woofer, the other for the mid/tweet, square and rotatable to try horizontal or vertical orientation. 

I’m not sure how to get a single woofer to fit under the tv though 

On 2/11/2016 at 9:34 AM, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

I've built two custom centers and experimented quite a bit with them. What I would tell people looking to do such a thing is to be aware of lobing issues, which is in fact a thing. The bigger the woofers, the further they are spread apart, and the higher the crossover, the worse this effect is. If you are at the mercy of a factory crossover and are using large'ish woofers, at the minimum try to keep your woofers as close to the middle as possible, don't spread them apart any more than necessary like on post 8. If at all possible try to build something that is vertically aligned.

Did you build a center like this? With k77’s and a k55? If so maybe you would like to sell, or if you have plans, share them?