heritage home theatre system.

kuisis

The amp choice will depend on the amount of money that you want to spend. Do you mean just an Amp? Do you have a home theater processor?

I would use another LaScala for the center channel.

The minimum amount of receiver I would use is a Yamaha RX- V3300, about $1,600.00 and very nice with LaScalas. Now as asked above, if you have a processor, B&K power amps go well with LaScalas. Next up the lader for my taste is the McIntosh MC 206 six channel power amp.

We need to know more before we can answer your questions. Just get creative and figure out a way to use a LaScala for you center.

I have enjoyed all my Yamaha products with my 1986 LaScalas.

I just finished my center, see Another DIY Center in Odds and Mods. I was first considering an Academy but I could not wait to find a good price for one, eBay gets the highest price for these. I think a Belle looks good for a center and would offer a great match for the LaSacala. Another LaScala is also good. Going down in price and size would be a Heresy. Good Luck!

If you don't have room for a LAS, you could do what a lot of us have done and build your own Heritage center. The key is to match your midrange first so any other Heritage model is your best choise over Reference or other lines.

Im my case, I have my K400 and K77 mounted over my screen and my woofers under the screen to accomodate my space requirements.

As for amps, I have been replacing my newer SS amps with older McIntosh 250's to drive my 7.1 system. DOWNSIDE - They take a lot of rack room. UPSIDE - I have found them to add a lot of depth creating a more transparent 3D surround sound compared to the newer amps I was using.

JM