Ebay Update

HornsRus

I finally won the amplifier that i bid on Ebay.

The bad news is that its been 7 days and no amplifier!

The seller sent me an email 2days after receiving payment saying that there would be a "slight" delay.

This is crazy since i paid an extra $30 for 2 day shipping!This was my first and last time to bid on Ebay.

This may seem like a moot point but I would defenitely leave this person some ultra-negative feedback. This is what the smarter bidders (no, I'm not slamming you) are looking for. I don't doubt this person didn't leave any feedback for you!

------------------

Tom

KLF-20 Mahogany

McIntosh C33 (Carver C-1 for sale?)

Rotel RB-1080

Yamaha PF-800 Turntable/ Sure V15 Type V Cartridge

Ortofon VMS-30 Cartridge

Stanton 999SS Cartridge

Carver TL-3100 CD

Yamaha K-1020 Cassette (maybe being mothballed)

dbx 1231 EQ

H.H. Scott 830z Analyzer

Monster Interlink 400mk II

Monster Interlink 300 mk II

Studio Tech U-48RW Cabinet

Original 12ga. Monster Cable

The seller actually had 19 good reviews,which is why i decided to buy from him.2 days after receiving payment he emailed me stating that there would be a delay due to a death in the family.I have since tried to call and email the seller with no response.You can bet your bottom dollar that i will leave him scathing feedback.

I will simply state the truth.

quote:

Originally posted by HornsRus:

This was my first and last time to bid on Ebay.

FYI (in case you didn't know) all transactions on eBay up to $200 are insured less a $25 deductible. You might give the guy another day or two and start to look into making an insurance claim. I guess I've been lucky and never had to go that route.

yea i'd give him the benefit of doubt & 1 week from that reply. could have actually had somebody close die, maybe suddenly. does have those 19 positives, though could be manufactured.

he should also send u payment for the dif for 2 day ship.

I agree with Boa. The guy that sold me my ST-70 was as slow as Christmas getting it to me, and he was also painfully slow about responding to my emails. I was frustrated too, I mean I won right? I was willing to pay well over his reserve because I thought it was going to be worth it, so send me the goods, dammit!

Winning a fierce bidding war on ebay is exhilarating to say the least--an experience the seller doesn't go through. I was high bidder for the last four days of my auction, only to have my lead stripped away with less than five minutes to go! The folks that do that are called snipers. Then it was between myself and two other bidders--I finally won, but wow did we raise the bar on the venerable Dynaco ST-70!

I'll never know if my seller was slow, stupid or both, or that maybe he was really busy with his life, and couldn't get around to it. I do believe that if you are going to sell something on ebay, you should be prompt and considerate, especially if the buyer flashes $$ in your face! Sadly, not everyone buys into my belief, but were also talking about individuals here, and not stores. Be easy on this guy is my suggestion. If he is telling the truth about a death in the family, put yourself in his place. If he just lost a loved one, honoring his ebay sale is probably the last thing on his mind right now. Keep pestering him though, but be nice about it. I would indeed politely ask to have the 2 day shipping costs refunded. If he is honorable, he will comply. If he doesn't, then SLAM him on the feedback!

When I finally got my unit, two weeks after the auction ended, it was packed well enough to withstand a drop from the Empire State Bldg, and it was in perfect condition. It was also in better shape than the photos indicated. I left the guy positive feedback despite my impatience.

Good luck!

I've decided to give the seller more time due to his recent loss.Its just frustrating being told one thing and getting another.If and when i get the "working" amp

i'm sure i will have all but forgotten this mess.

The cost of the amplifier was $450 + 30 shipping.

The amp arrived 1 week to the day that the seller received payment.The amp seems to perform just fine.The seller did neglect to mention a few cosmetic problems with the amp.I may just give Ebay one more chance.He sent the payment via Priority mail and did pay the extra postage so i'm ok with the delay.My Fortes love it!

One big thing with using eBay is that you have to be patient. You are dealing with everyday people, and some just get lazy sometimes and some have major setbacks hit them.

If you are in a big hurry to buy something, then eBay is definitely not the way to go.....but if you are looking for a good deal and are willing to wait for it then eBay can be a great place to shop.

Hope you enjoy your new amp, and you should really give eBay another chance....there's just too many good deals on there not to.

------------------

Home Theater System:

Klipsch Quartets - mains for both systems

Klipsch KV3 - center

Klipsch KG.5's - rear surrounds

Klipsch KSW12 subwoofer

Denon AVR-1601

Music System:

Adcom GFA-555 Musical Concepts Modified

NAD 1600 Pre/Tuner

Sony C-67ES CD Player