How's the weather out there?

BBB

Guest Anonymous

Yeah you are right on the rusty cars one good thing thou GM keeps on giving us new ones, think my next move is going to be AZ been thinking about it for a while now, lived here since 97 and finally the snow and cold weather is getting to me, I am originally from Naples Italy its a long story how I got here but I love it, came over to the USA with my 73 Heresy under arm, the rest is history ...LOL

-60 degrees?! I was up in lake tahoe over xmas break and my truck and it was struggling. My heater broke down, moisture got into my headlight housing and shattered my headlights, etc. etc. How does a car funtion in that weather? How do YOU function in that weather? And is there a service that paves the roads 24/7?

I can't even begin to fathom that kind of cold...

Heater broke down? I have no heat until I get to work, a 15 minute drive on a good day. Even then it's like a cow's breath on the windshield. I drive peering out of a small area in the center of the windshield, hands freezing to the steering wheel. The old chev doesn't like the below -30 to -35 weather too much. The starter protests turning the engine over, but it usually fires up unless it floods itself. Plugging it in helps, but is not an option parked on opposite sides of the street ( calender parking ) as you can't run an extension cord across the street or even the sidewalk.

Block heaters, battery blankets and timed starters are the required combination to keep a vehicle going here. I burned a half tank of gas yesterday in my Explorer and I didn't even leave my driveway.8.gif My friend got frostbite the other day when he went for a cigarette so smoking really is hazardous to your health especially if they are king size.9.gif

----------------

On 1/16/2004 9:55:43 AM TheEAR wrote:

With wind factor its around minus 42 Celcius here!Very hot,anyone outside will get bitten by frost quite fast.

----------------

It $u¢ks here (montreal qc, -32C or -42C with wind-chill, same as theEar) when the mercury drops this far. This is the coldest I remember since 1994 !! You have no choice to keep the car tuned, a good battery, and pray the timing belt doesn't slip a notch. They were sluggish but both cars started so far... but rust is every car's friend here. I guess if you live and work in town, there always is the subway.

No pole licking this week...

Rob

For those of us suffering from the cold I would keep a watchful eye on your pet's while they're outside. Their paws can freeze quickly in weather like this. This is the first time I've seen my dog limp back into the house after only being outside for three minutes. After walking around in snow at these low temperatures I always wipe down her legs and paws with a warm towel. She's a very large dog so she gets 2 inch chucks of ice stuck between her toes. Remember, some pets won't know when to come out of the cold until it's too late and by then they may have already damaged their limbs or lungs. This type of cold is nothing to fool around with, that's for sure.