photos - if this works...

maxg

This may or may not work but I just thought I would share pics of my system as it is now. Hopefully I will be replacing the accuphase amp with tubes soon.

DSC00005.jpg

The picture above shows the main components. From the top:

Humax 4400 digital satelitte receiver

Sharp VS-FH video recorder

Marantz cd6000 cd player

Denon 3000 DVD

Accuphase E211 amplifier

main.jpg

This is the wider view and shows the raised klipsch speakers and the Sony 32" wide screen TV.

Is that a phone on top of that Heresy? How does it stay up there when you are playing loud music. cwm20.gif

Great system!! I like that TV!cwm29.gifcwm30.gif

------------------

Sony Trinitron 27" TV

Yamaha RX-V1000

JVC HR-S3800 Super VHS VCR

Sony DVP-S530D DVD Player

Sony Tape

Sony CDP-CE345 Cd player

RF-3 Main

Monster m1.4 Biwire Cables

RC-3 Center

SS-1 Rear

quote:

Originally posted by YC:

maxg:

Do you like the accuphase amp?

Why do you want to replace it?

THe Accuphase is a great amp. By far the best Solid state unit I have heard (except for larger Accuphases), but, I recently heard a tube setup that blew it out of the window (60 wpc).

I am looking to get a monoblock version of that and then will face the pre-amp issue as I cannot use the Accuphase as a pre-amp unless I use the tape out.

From one Heresy owner to another....

Nice system. I've never had my Heresy's sitting that high before - interesting. Your floor appears to be tile, if so, that must be a fairly live room, eh? Or have you done something to quash it?

The comment about the phone made me recall last Saturday night when we had some folks over to our house and one of the folks there mentioned their son had gone to an Edwin McCain concert. No one seemed to know this guy or his music. So the wife says, "Honey, you've got one of his CD's, why don't you put it in and show them who he is." So I did and while the music was playing, I commented that this wasn't how he sounds in concert and someone bit by saying, "Oh yeah, how does he sound?" The wife sees me grab the remote and immediately vacates the area about the time I say, "He sounds like......

T H I S !

Biggrin.gif

Tom Adams

I have Beanie Babies on top of my RF-3s and they are constantly JUMPING off to their death. A phone would last about two seconds before it would scare the crap out of me by falling.

I had a family gathering at my home about a year ago. I decided to give my grandma, grandfather and great grandma Home theater demo.

My Great Grandma ran out of the room after the first explosion in Armageddon. That is too loud! I dont like that! My grandparents watched about 20 minutes in awe before they had to go.

------------------

Sony Trinitron 27" TV

Yamaha RX-V1000

Sony Tape

Sony CDP-CE345 Cd player

RF-3 Main

RC-3 Center

SS-1 Rear

What is a beanie baby?

As for the statues - they are not of Greek origin - some friends picked them up on a tour of the far east (from Cambodia I believe).

As of Friday this week these pictures will hopefully be out of date. My new pre-amp and tube monoblocks should have arrived - new pics to follow.

Happy days!

I am sorry, the Beanie Baby craze didnt expand to Greece. Beanie Babies are small stuffed animals/characters with the cotton stuffing and beads that allow you to pose them. There are probably thousands of them. Check out the web site.

http://www.ty.com/cgi-bin/osform/prodaux?osform_template=tyfamily_js.oft&js=1&ProdLineName=Beanie%20Babies

------------------

Sony Trinitron 27" TV

Yamaha RX-V1000

Sony Tape

Sony CDP-CE345 Cd player

RF-3 Main

RC-3 Center

SS-1 Rear