Guess what's in the crate!

Parrot

Andy, thanks. The cats and the dog never get upset by my taste in music, or in the volume. I listen loud only when the material calls for it. Symphonies, for instance, are a drag when played quietly.

I agree, symphonies, jazz, rock are indeed a drag played at low volume. And even between these, there are volume levels I tend to reach without thought even...perhaps just trying to recreate what I think was the natural volume of the original recording....

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Leo, I appreciate your kind words.

Andy, I agree totally. I also find that playing something louder than natural is, to me, just as annoying as playing something way below its originally recorded level. The trick is to find the right spot. Too much either way and the tonal emphasis will be wrong.

I have been enjoying the Heritage big boys at all positions for sometime now. I up until recently was running 2 Khorns and 3 La Scala's along with a pair of Heresy II's (7 Channel). I just replaced the rear La Scala's because I had the opportunity to get a pair of 1962 Vertical Cornwall II's that were built the year that I was born. I don't think I lost anything by not having rear speakers that were identical to the center. I think that the placement of the vertical horns on the upper edges of the cabinet (higher up than the La Scala) was a definate advantage. In addition the overall perceived and felt bass response certainly improved. I think that the Khorns, La Scala, and Cornwall II's blend extremely well. The recent addition of the NAD T163 A/V Pre/Processor brought it up to another level.9.gif

Guest Anonymous

Paul,

Congrats, I jusr spent 15 minutes intranced by this thread, dreaming about the Quality of the sonics you are listining too every day! and I must say I am very JEALOUS, but very happy for you. I am sure this has been a labor of love to pu together such a wonderful sounding system, timbre matched, sweet, seductive, and just plain AWESOME. Your place looks like it was made for this set-up. WOW, I love it. Use and enjoy it in good health, I look forward to the day I can see it, feel it hear it.

Smilin12.gif

• 10 months later...

This was a fun thread, but it's from January. There's been several equipment changes in the meantime, but the Khorns and Belles remain.

That isn't my Caddy in the first pictures, but a sister-in-law's sister's husband's mother's. Her German Shepherd went along with us for the ride.

I was away all last winter so I missed this thread totally. Beautiful speakers and a beautiful room. I've noticed in churches that there is more of an open sound to music and have wondered if it is due to the vaulted ceilings. Most homes have 8 foot ceilings (mine are 10). So I'm wondering if you feel the extra cubic feet of air space make an appreciable difference in your sound quality. Thanks for sharing this with us. Hamish

I was away all last winter so I missed this thread totally. Beautiful speakers and a beautiful room. I've noticed in churches that there is more of an open sound to music and have wondered if it is due to the vaulted ceilings. Most homes have 8 foot ceilings (mine are 10). So I'm wondering if you feel the extra cubic feet of air space make an appreciable difference in your sound quality. Thanks for sharing this with us. Hamish

There was no forklift involved, as we speak, our dear writer is still picking his 'nads up off the parking lot! LOL

Beautiful room, layout and speakers. Careful with that direct sunlight though, it'll fade and dry veneer in a couple of seasons. And get that dam# cat out of the speaker. Nice idea with the glass tops. It's very inexpensive to do and gives real peace of mind, especially when cabinets are being used as perch. How do you keep from having the scratching post effect?

Michael