Quintet System Mid-Range (or lack of)

mikek

I have a set of Quintet sattelites with the KSW-12 subwoofer. I am driving them with a Yamaha 100W x 5 receiver.

The DVD audio sounds pretty good, but the CD music audio lacks in mid-range.

I talked to a local Klipsch retailer and he suggested replacing the front right and left satellites with a pair of RF-3's.

Doug responded to this suggestion under Zargathos' topic and said that I would then want to upgrade my center chennel and eventually my two rear speakers. If I do that, my original Quintet investment is lost.

I would like to select a set of replacements for the front left and right Quintets only, that will provide the mid-range I am missing without making the rest of my system obsolete.

Any more suggestions from the audiophiles out there?

Thanks in advance.

Mike K.

Give the SF1's a listen, they are killer for the price!

They will solve your midrange problem.

Keith C.

Klipsch SF1 Mains

Klipsch SC1 Center

Klipsch KSW12 Sub

Klipsch SF1 Rears (yep same as the mains)

Technics SA DX1040 Receiver

Panasonic RV31 DVD

I had a quintet setup with a KSW 10 subwoofer with similar problems connected to a Yamaha 595. I added a pair of KSF 3.1 monitors to the front running off speaker A and retained the fronts of the quintet running off speaker B.

This worked surprisingly well and filled in the sound nicely. I eventually placed the qunitet fronts directly on top of the monitors.

Good luck

Great minds Doug - or is that fools seldom differ?

You remind me of another Dougdrake that used to hang around here - but you are a cool newbie rather than a no-life, gazillion posts kind of guy, and I like that (LOL - just kidding).

Roll on the day when I have to change my name. Maxg2-the sequel, what do you think?