Best Console for 4 year old boy

Ray Garrison

Hi there. I have a 4 year old son. I would like to get a game system, XBox, GameCube, whatever, but I have no idea which one he would be able to get the most out of.

He is somewhat hyperactive, and doesn't have a lot of patience when it comes to learning how to operate new toys. If he can't get how to control it in a couple of minutes, forget it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which game system out there has the best combination of simple to use controllers and software that a young boy would be able to play?

Not interested in Game Boy or similar stuff, as he wants to be able to play games with me on the TeeVee.

Any help appreciated...

I'd go with the Game Cube. Much of the games availible for it are targeted at a younger crowd, and are easy to figure out. Playstation 2 and XBox have more mature games, and are a little bit more difficult/require more focus to do well in. I'm not sure what games are out for Game Cube or the others right now, but this is the way it has been since they were realeased. Sorry I can't help you more, it's just that I sold all of my game systems off on ebay to help generate funds for the RSW-15 3.gif

My guys learned the Nintendo 64 very quickly at 6 and 8. The spurting games aren't readily available for it, but theres lots of N64 games out there, new and used. We still got it, with 3 controllers and ~12 games. i'll ask if I can sell it if you are interested.

My oldest acts very ADHD. He will sit motionless and play PS2 or N64 for an hour.

I asked my teenage sons, 13 & 14. They said no doubt about it, Gamecube! They have an NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, PS1, PS2 and they spend the majority of their time on the Gamecube becuse they're not into fighting games, yet. When friends come over they have a blast with all the fun games that are available for the Gamecube. Age are available for it in all age ranges. Mario Kart Double Dash is just too much fun and it's clean no bad words or anything.

Grateful

NINTENDO is made for kids...But look at old systems

for a 4 year old I would go to a place that sells used stuff and buy the old NES system and some easy games.....This way you are out maybe $20 for console and games can be had for about $1-10 each......

Plus the games are much easier....

As he grows then you can upgrade but by then something bigger and better will be out.....Good luck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I agree with everyone get the GameCube.If anything the price is not to high and a lot less that the other game boxes... the GameCube has more games that are based where the whole family could play together which are non-adult themed. THe graphic are actuall better than the PS2.

• 3 weeks later...

Sega Dreamcast for $25, and you can burn all the games you want for free, and fans are rebuilding seganet for free use, and you can get a lan card for your networked broadband router, it can boot linux, and you can find keyboards, and mice, and it has usb, and stuff...

...oh, yeah, they are really hard to break. Like step on it.