Refinishing K-Horns

robforst1

----------------

On 1/26/2004 11:43:21 PM robforst1 wrote:

I picked up a pair of used K-Horns today. They sound incredible with my SET Amp.

There are bad water stains on the tops. Any suggetions for removing/refinishing?

Thanks!

Rob
----------------

Congrats,

They do sound fabulous with SET don't they!?

Don't take this as sound advice on refinishing, it should be checked out at Home Depot, or Sherwin Williams, or someplace with some competent folk on products and procedures, but I think that after taking off the original finish, that the wood can be bleached, then restained to cover water stains. I don't know the product which would do the magic here. Sure will be interested to hear more competent advice than what I can offer.

I have an old Zenith radio from the 30's that had a bad flowerpot ring. I used paint remover to get the finish off and followed that with bleach. I mostly made the wood around it lighter. I ended up staining the top extra heavy before I put the final finish on it. It is still visible, if you move the crystal angel and the dollie she sits on. 2.gif

rember ther is more than one bleach to try.

I would try good house hold bleach first. If that dos'nt work try some pool shock bleach ( a strong bleech).

If that dosnt work they make a special wood bleech.

and when all those fail try sanding then bleech.sand bleech sanding.but dont sand throught the venear.