5.1 Digital Decoder Box

skaplaya

Well I anxt here? I heard word of the decoder box from the posts and currently own a 6.3 klipsch set with the midiland ads-2000 and a hollywood+ but am wondering will the box that klipsch's is coming have dts?

Any info on the box?

Dolby Digital 5.1 or 5.1 And DTS? ProLogic or Prologic2

SPDIF or Optical Connectons (Can They Be Used Simultaneously If So?)

Amplified Box Or Unamplfied

Infared Or Radio Remote

Self Or OEM Manufactured (Seems like Videologic and

Midiland push same prod's)

Will it be hoookable to a klipsch setup like mine?

Bass management?

Type of connectors, mini-jack, G9?

Gosh, I'm just so dang curious? Its like the 5.1 deal, everybody is just yanking your chain, oh, your so cruel klipsch, but I love my klipsch.

- Ric

hey there.

well.. i just got my "Audio Tornado" in front of my door today.

Yes its exactly (can i say that w/o getting in trouble?) like the midiland and the videologic ones. cept the boxes outer labels and 'name tag' as "audio tornado 5.1"

It doesn't offer DTS.. and.. the functions are bascially the same as the midiland and videologic counterparts.

I'm not too sure about the tech specs (since there weren't any) and what kind of DSP chip is in there. videologic claims a Zoran DSP.. while midiland and klipsch doesn't say anythign about it Smile.gif

I hooked up my 4.1s to there.. sounds nice. works with my PS2 fairly well w/o me having to hook up the optical out to my comp and then back out to my klipsch. cuz that would require i bring my comp out to the living area.

anyhow.. just giving you what i know.

i don't wanna say if it's good product or not.. since it's still 'new' to klipsch users.. and.. don't wanna ruin their sales Smile.gif

• Moderators

Click on "Shop," "Personal PC Audio," "Audio Tornado," and then click the user's guide on the left side. This document should answer most, if not all, your questions!

It's not "exactly" like the midiland...it has been slightly modified to work properly with the 4.1 system.

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

Amy,

The 'Audio Tornado' sounds like something that I would be interesting in buying. While reading through the specs on ProMedia Accessories it only mentions the 'ProMedia 5.1 System' that is soon to be released as though the 'Audio Tornado' is optimized for the 'ProMedia 5.1 System'.

You mentioned in this section of the forum that it is built to properly function with a 'ProMedia 4.1 System'. Does that imply that it will actually make a difference for the 'ProMedia 4.1 System' when out putting the appropriate audio encoded formats? In your honest opinion is the improvement that comes from coupling the 'Audio Tornado' with a 'ProMedia 4.1 system' worth the $100 price tag? I would hate to expend the money for the hype and then for-go a 'Real' quality improvement.

Could you give me some detailed specs and information on the benefits of an 'Audio Tornado' coupled with a 'ProMedia 4.1 System'? What will the actual (not expected) sound results be? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

• Moderators

If you're using the 4.1s with a digital soundcard (such as the soundblaster, among others) that have digital decoding built in, then you do not need the AT. If you want to utilize a digital output from a device such as a dvd player or PS2, then you would need the decoder.

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com