Wanted: K-500 Horn (pair)

mungkiman

Hello all,

Does anyone have a pair of K-500 horns they would be willing to part with? I think these may have only been used in Belles, but I'm not sure. I would be open to buying or trading.

For now, can any of you provide me with the length of a K-500 horn? Thanks for any help.

Chris

Al,

Since you are a master of X-overs for Klipsch Heritage speakers may I ask a few questions?

I have a pair of Khorns with the AK-3 X-over and a Belle center with an AB X-over.

What X-over should I put in the Belle to better match the Khorns? An ALK one? If I were to Mod my Belle with a K-401 horn would an AK-3 X-over work well for the Belle?

I'd have a spare K-500 I could then contribute...

Just curious!

Thanks

I would also be interested in borrowing a pair (even a single), and would promise to treat them well and return them immediately upon request. I am working on a project that would benefit from a 500 Hz horn lens, Klipsch or otherwise (Altec 511B is too big). Suggestions as to alternatives would be appreciated. Thanks again,

Chris

Istari: I believe Al has a link to his website in his signature. Thanks for your help.

Chris,

I built a set of prototype cornerhorns and went "my own way" on the top end. I have found a good ABS horn with a cutoff of 400 Hz with a 2" throat which I use a Selenium driver with a fc of 400 Hz and an ALK xover of which I would recommend all three. The mid horn is smooth, natural sounding and I would say that its only drawback (IMO) is that the dispersion pattern is to wide (I got the 90x40). They make a 60x40 that I wish I would have got instead (for my room). 17.5" wide by 9.5" high, 9.5 in depth if I remember correctly. If you are building new, then the dimensions won't be a problem; if replacing then I don't know I think that Klipsh is not as tall.

At any rate USSPEAKER.com sells P-Audio horns (2 models) that fit the corner horn bill at least for me...

Dana