NOT DONE YET!!!!!!!

jazzmansound

I hope that cubby hole where the gear is housed is ventilated or the back is open or you are going to have some serious heat issues with all that stuff crammed together in there like that. I take it the tiny speakers on the wall are for HT and the Khorns for 2-Channel listening?

yes the black speakers on the wall are the 5.1 system.and the k,r are sold now.i will be designing my own 5.0 system with no sub now.my new system will be done some time in the spring or so.they will have on 12 inch sub driver from beyma and one 6 inch mid from beyma and one or two tweeters for the highs and they will be beyma too. the mid,s and high,s will be on flat plain pannel and the bass driver will be in a sealed box for better control in the sub ranage that it will not be hard to a sweet spot .and some of you think you MUST have a sub box for thx system,s .i will have to show what i can do with some lumber, blue ans nails.the k,s did go to a very good home. the black speakers i will be selling them now ,they are jbl .

jazzmansound working on the 5.0 system now10.gif

Cool, another Beyma fan. I use their reference 6-1/2 2-ways in my whole house audio system upstairs. I use 2 seperate Audiophile 20W X 2 amplifiers to power the zones and am getting great results. The amps have tons of headroom for their low power output and no apparent distortion even at 95% output. I am thinking of hooking up a Rio Riot to the system to have access to my whole CD library but we'll see. Great speakers, great amps and all for under $150.00 cause I was patient and did them when I could find the great surplus deals.

i just started on the 5.0 system .all five speakers will have one 12 bass/sub driver and one mid and one tweeter .i will not be useing a sub at all.i have been emailing beyma for the past 8 weeks or so about a box desgin for a thx 5.0 sytem .the reply back was very good. pablo said to in email that the system should work very well with out a sub.the bass/sub driver i will be useing is a vm-112 in this box it will go down to 33 hz,s at 92 db spl not to bad for a pro driver .the box will about 5 sq. foot. 46 tall 10.5 wide and 23 deep. the system should be up and running about may or so. when done i will test and print the spec sheet on this site. 10.gif