Ripped off! Scott 299 on EBay!!!!!

jorjen

Well, starting to look like I took one in the shorts. Won a Scott 299 on EBay a few weeks ago. Sent a USPS money order to the guy in Ohio which he received on the 29th. of January. That is the last I heard from him. Will not/has not responded to any of my e-mails and no 299. The guy had plenty of positive feedback so I felt safe. $330.00 plus $30.60 shipping down the toilet most likely. What a ROYAL TURD of a human being! Live and learn I guess.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The USPS is a good stick to ahng over the sellers head.

It is not a super long time though.

I sold an old Telefunken integrated to a guy in Northern Quebec. USPS international parcel post was the only reasonable cost method.

Double bubble wrap and double boxed; it took over 5 weeks to get there.

he was extatic!

Tough for me to get to e mail.

I travel in South America perieodically.

I mailed out a USPS money for a pair of speaker drivers a Month ago. Still no speakers, so don't feel alone.

I emailed the guy Yesterday. No replies yet.

If he fails to reply after a few more times, I'm going to email and ask him if I should just turn the in the money order receipt for a refund at the post office.

Heidi bought a spoonholder from a ebay seller on Jan 2nd.

Paid with PayPal, and the seller sent the item priority mail.

She finally recieved the spoon in the mail this last Friday.

So you gotta factor in the mail system.

Sorry to hear this but I'm not surprised. Two latest ebay transactions hav not been pleasant. Scott 233 was paid for Jan-22 and still not recieved. 10 days without ship confirmation or any communication from seller. He offered up various excuses and UPS is scheduled to deliver Tuesday.

Seems ebay sellers don't have any sense of urgency or good communication skills and then wonder why they get bad feedback.

I will never buy on ebay without using PayPal or in person with cash.

Yeah ebay scares the crap out of me. I refused to use it for a loooooong time. Then my very first transaction was to buy a set of $1,600.00 belles (go figure eh?). It was my first time and the sellers first time to ever use ebay.

Good luck, hope all turns out ok.4.gif

Daddydee

How do you obtain ebay seller details? I was hunting all over to get phone number and finaly filed a complaint. The complaint prompted a response that he was "moving" and out of touch with e-mails.

Jorjen has gone a long time with no shipment and no communication. Hope it works out but ebay is sure seeming more risky the more I use it.

Jordan, it is always nice if you can have a forum member check things out on the ground. There is all sorts of funny business with Ebay, so having someone you can trust(or hope you can) actually lay their hands on something you are chasing is a little comforting. It may be better to buy off a forum member; items usually are vetted here.

Take a big chill pill and start praying that things will work out. Many people don't realize that using the Post Office in committing fraud can and usually is a federal felony. That can be a mighty big stick to swing, and it has saved my Heineken once.2.gif

Thanks for all the advice/input guys. I guess I just get a little bent when someone does not handle a situation like I would. This guy would have had this amp. on his doorstep via FedEx two days after I got the MO, but that is my problem2.gif. I am going to relax for a week or so and see where things go. If they ultimately do go South at least I have some great avenues to follow thanks to all the great input from all of you!

Get 'em!2.gif

Although, the phone number on my ebay account is not my current number. 7.gif

Did you send the MO with Delivery Confirmation? I always wonder what would happen if the seller just says he never received it. A little piece of mind for an extra 40 cents. Of course, they should be able to tell if it's been cashed.

Mobile is right. Don`t panic yet. I`ve been buying a lot on ebay this past year and only got bitten once in 100 transactions. Some sellers are quick to reply and fast to ship and some are oh so slow.

One guy I bought from would never answer my emails after I had paid him for an item. But he kept sending me emails asking when I was going to send payment for the item I won. BUT I HAD ALREADY PAID HIM. I thought he was trying to screw me so I got his contact info and gave him a call.

Guess what? After explaining very politely my problem we figured out his email provider was messed up. He had never received any of my emails. If I remember correctly he had just moved. He sent me not only the record that I had won but also let me pick 2 other titles as a bonus. I gave him good feedback.

So you never know. If he is not answering emails then get his contact info and go from there. We`ll wait with ya. OK?