Klipsch RF7

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I believe ( according to his signature ) that craig has a " mapletree "

or MAD pre-amp. Nice little canadian company that makes a killer line stage, if craig has one i'm sure your new amps would have been voiced along with it so maybe have a listen when your there .

I'd have to check there web page ( have'nt been on it for a long time ) to see what top is offered , i can't remember off hand if there pre-amp is SRPP or CF . Gezz maybe it's even passive , like i said it's been awhile so maybe ask craig his opinion.

I do know they are very inexpensive that part i've got right 2.gif

And probably a good one, because the Blueberry has been voiced with Craig's new offering on the Scalas, I would assume. I know I am definitely holding off to pick up one of Mark's fruits of the week. The hard part is figuring whether to pick up a turntable, which would predicate the Blueberry over the Peach. Hmmmm.

There are some great preamps in the $400 to $800 range, Erfan, but hold off and get some input from Craig, Dean, and Mark about how they interface. There is a good karma between some combos, while a different preamp could sound like cobwebs. It is worth waiting - while you wait, hit some of the other tube sites and read up about how you would like to have the amp configured for tubes.

I've seen you are getting your CD player tubified, so listen to it for a couple months before acting. This stuff is a whole lot easier getting dialed in when you have a good block of time to establish reference sound behaviours. There is nothing worse than shotgunning for a certain sound because you can't remember whether a change was for the good or the bad. I take it the Scott is breaking in well and really starting to voice well now?

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 2/13/2004 1:24:41 PM Guy Landau wrote:

I already know what he's gonna recommend. That's an easy one.

----------------

Guy your so smart, I betcha your thing, uh, uh, Mapletree

right?2.gif I'm trying to be patient waiting for the QS'S to get done, but i'm wearing thin on patience already.

Thanks for the Reco3.gif

Ill spend what it takes as long as it isnt rediculous. I want something that i can plug in my DVD player, SACD player and 300 disc changer into.

Ive got NOS Sylvania 7591 on order for my Scott and also the Elite Gold 12ax7 pair for the preamp stage as well to see how they compare to the JJ Tesla that is in thier now.