Khorns

Mr-Bob

Ahh yes lets see, Not counting the center channel speaker and the subwoofer - I have a vintage pair of shorthorns a pair of LaScala a pair of ksf10.5 and the khorns. My wife is complaining that the place hase become a speaker warehouse. I can't get rid of the shorthorns because there is too much history attached to them. The LaScala for fronts with the shorthorns as rear speakers is a wonderful sound. In my townhouse (I am glad I am not my own neighbor) the khorns are overkill.

I have been considering selling everything and using the $$ for a Klipsch speaker system that my wife would find more visually appealing. Hmm, mabee I should sell the wife instead?

Mr-Bob,

I have a few questions for you, so please bear with me...

How far is Pembroke Pines from Orlando?

How old are they and how long have you had them?

How are they finished?

When was the last time you had them hooked up?

Have you done anything to tweak them?

Do they have the original drivers?

Last but not least, how much do you want for them? Smile.gif

Thanks,

Mike

Orlando is about 200 miles north of here. I am near Ft. Lauderdale. I will post more information and photos soon - most likely friday. Right now I am crazy busy with work stuff. I gotta pay for my Klipsch habit somehow.

Be back soon.

Bob,

Any more info on the K-Horns?

Mike

------------------

Family Room

-----------

Mitsubishi 31" TV (soon to be replaced)

Denon 4800 AVR

Panasonic DVD-A7

Dual CS-721 Turntable

DBX 3bx Series III Range Expander

Klipsch Epic CF-2's (mains)

Klipsch KLF-C7 (center)

Klipsch RS-3's (surrounds)

SVS 20-39CS Sub w/Samson S700 Amp

Monster HTS-3500 Line Conditioner

Bedroom

-------

Yamaha M-4 Amp

Yamaha C-4 Preamp

Yamaha T-7 Tuner

Teac DVD Player

Looking for a pair of Heresy's

I don't think Mr-Bob is very interested in getting rid of them...

Mike

------------------

Family Room

-----------

Mitsubishi 31" TV (soon to be replaced)

Denon 4800 AVR

Panasonic DVD-A7

Dual CS-721 Turntable

DBX 3bx Series III Range Expander

Klipsch Epic CF-2's (mains)

Klipsch KLF-C7 (center)

Klipsch RS-3's (surrounds)

SVS 20-39CS Sub w/Samson S700 Amp

Monster HTS-3500 Line Conditioner

Bedroom

-------

Yamaha M-4 Amp

Yamaha C-4 Preamp

Yamaha T-7 Tuner

Teac DVD Player

Looking for a pair of Heresy's

Yes, it is difficult to get rid of something as nice as khorns. I can't bring myself to do it. But - to keep the wife happy I am going to get rid of the La Scalas

They are black sound fantastic. The only problem with them is that they are physically knicked up and could use some major refinishing.

So, if you don't care how they look. The first $700.00 that picks em up near Ft. Lauderdale gets em.

I will try to take a photo so you can see what they look like

Way to go, Mr. Bob!!! I've been through K-horn withdrawal twice... and I don't recommend it. I felt your pain since the first posting... and life is too short to pass on a friend at this stage. I am sure you will soon have a LaScala parade!

Take heart, Mr. Bob, it is far easier to get "cornered" again (PWK did) then to abandon the K-horns to which you've broken in your ears.

cwm38.gif is a many horned thing. HornEd

This message has been edited by HornEd on 07-06-2001 at 03:19 PM

Thanks for the pics Bob, I wish, but a little to far for me to drive. Guess I'll still have to wait on my La Scala order.

If there is anyone in Western Canada or the US Northwest and have a pair of La Scala's, Belle's, or even Hersey's and close enough for me to make a 24 to 48 hrs trip, I'm interested, NO BLACK, my Khorns are Oiled Oak.

Thanx much Smile.gif

Mr. Bob,

What are the vintage(and any other pertinent details) of those LaScala's. Wanna trade those big black ulgy horns for some slender and elegant light oak KG 3.5's?...OK now that you've picked yourself off the floor...I do have a pick-up truck, I do live 5 mins. away, I am interested...I just gotta figure a way to sneak them past my wife!

Dave

PS: Maybe we could make a wager on this years' Miami vs. FSU game...If the Canes win you can have my beloved (hehehe) Bose 101 patio speakers...and if the Noles win I get the scalas! WHAT A DEAL!

Lets see, noles vs canes (state champs - should a been national champs except for bcs pole strangeness) Tempting bet but I would hate to take advantage of a neighbor.

If you are interested I am shure I could help you find a home for your kg3.5 - I know of two college kids looking for used klipsch that fit their budgets. At any rate, If you want them I will help you slip them past your wife. Mabee if you painted them nole dark red - she may like them a whole lot.

Seriously, if you want to hear them call me. I am in the middle of a major interior painting and redo of the house, so if you don't mind the mess you are welcome to come and listen.

Mr. Bob,

You call winning the pair of Blose off my patio "Taking advantage of a neighbor"?...I'd call it doing me a favor!

I would like to come listen if it's not too inconvienent w/ your painting...I'd also really like to hear the Khorns (I know - I know they are not for sale) since I've never heard a pair before.

You can email me at either address:

"DLUngurait@aol.com"

or

"dungurait@bvinet.com"

or

Home phone # (954) 434-4596

I look forward to seeing you again.

Dave

PS: That "dark nole red" you refered to...we like to call it garnet.