KG, KS, or S series speakers for home theater?

HarryPluta

I have heard the "S" series speakers at Best Buy and like them more then any other brand I have heard. Now I have been reseaching on ebay to see what I can afford for a 7.1 HT system and it looks like the three that keep comming up in my budget are the KG, the KS, and what I am assuming are the Best Buy "S" series. The reference series is just out of my range for the time being. My room is very small, roughly 15x15.

In your not so humble opinions which of these series of speakers is preferable, why do you feel that, and what characterizes each.

Many thanks,

-harry

Harry,

Welcome to the form. If you have the chance to listen to the Reference series, please do so! You will find prices equal if not less than the Synergy series. Plus when\if you decide to sell them, you will get more on ebay for them. Look into this- you will be suprised.

Also look into the KG\ AND the Heritage series older speakers. If you take your time, bargains are out there........to develop a good inexpensive system.........

New or old its up to what your ears tell you is good.

• 16 years later...

I just recently put a whole 7.1 ks series together. For under 150 be patient an jump on right deals! Ksf 8.5, ksb 2.1 ksb 1.1, ksw10,  ksc5. I love it! The bookshelves still had the box with both sets! I been wondering if any one has had any luck daisy chain off the sub( line out). To a external amp? To another set of speakers. I know it can be done but just wondering if it was worth it. This is something I've never tried it, I'm already using lfe on another sub.

• Like 1

Yes it old thread will not argue there. Ksb2.1 book selves are great. They can keep up with the ksf8.5 same wattage maybe 20hz different in low end. Don't quote me on it. The ksb 2.1 has 6 or 6.5 woofer. Ksb 1.1 has 5.25. They made ksb 3.1 which had a 8 in but instead got the ksf with the 8

• 2 months later...