Klipschorn placement issue sketch

richieb

Richard, the khorns are of such quality that friends have stored theirs for ten years rather than relinquish them to buyers. Your sweet spot will be the entire room, and the traditional sweet spot will be about six feet from the midwall point. Certainly not optimum, but don't let that stop you in the least.

Once you have the beasts, they may lumber around yuor room until you are happy. The most important step is buying them, and you can sort other things out later...Good luck!

The Khorns will fit into the two foot wall to hide the "guts" but will protrude 8" out from the wall.

Also the bass will be a bit weaker in that set-up than optimum.15.gif

However all is not lost!1.gif Will SWMBO allow you to build a "false corner" in that location? Your total room demensions make me green with envy and if you can overcome this one obstacle or accept a little less bass punch go for it!3.gif

Rick

I've hauled Khorns to every place I've ever lived ('cept one) and NONE of those spaces were "good" for the horns.

I may NEVER live in a place that is "good" for the horns.

The question really boils down to this:

Can I live without them? Answer: NO.

'Nuff said.

DM1.gif

Richard,

Your sketch is drawn way out of scale compared to your measurements, which may account for all these posts recommending you go for it.

A Khorn takes up close to three feet. That means you're going to have at most 4 feet between your pair, and that is simply inadequate. If you can't put them anywhere else in the room, I would go for a different model of Klipsch.

Is it me or what is wrong with the 22 or the 24 long wall? pls answer this so we know how to guide you.

Trust me, they sound wonderful more spread apart if you have the distance back too, and you do. Especially cranked up. We somehow lost the good stereo effects in music when it is done left n right vocals in the center.... Your gonna love it.

I have to agree with Paul & Indy. Putting them on a 9-1/2 foot wall doesn't do the speaker any justice. I know, I've been there (well, not quite that bad, but almost). So unless you're getting them at a price that is unlikely for you to see in the foreseeable future, AND you also have plans to put them someplace appropriate in the foreseeable future, IMHO you will do just as good, if not better with something "less"

Rich, can't you put the left K-horn all the way over into the far corner on the left, instead of into the jog in the "recess"? I see the door near that corner, but can't tell how close it actually is -- is it too close? Putting the left K-horn in THAT corner can bring the whole room into magnificent, all-out K-horniness, the way they are MEANT to be! As others said, though, get them anyway and mess around a lot, you'll be way ahead!

Larry

Richard,

Hee's my take. Build false corners far enough into the room to get past the door shown at the bottom of the pic. Should be about 5 1/2 feet into the room. THen the horns can be the full width of the room apart. Without knowing what all is in the room, this will be okay or not possible.

Marvel

floor_plan1.jpg

post-7149-13819253061886_thumb.jpg