Australian Pink Floyd

SCOOTERDOG

Wooo Hoooo!

Just got tickets to the Australian Pink Floyd Show. If your not familiar with them they are the only cover band that is blessed by Pink Floyd themselves. In fact, David Gilmour invited the band to the last legg of the dividion bell tour and they also played for Gilmours birthday party. The show is identical to a floyd show just on a smaller scale. This is there first north american tour and has already sold out in every city they have played. I am stocked! I have been following these guys for a few years now. If you close your eyes you would be hard pressed to believe its someone else and not floyd. If your interested you can visit their web site at.

http://www.aussiefloyd.com/

There are video's of them in concert and lots of MP3's.

Scooter16.gif

Your not missing much moon , the music is great and getting a chance now may well be your last . But there stage presence is nothing to scream about, i've seen them 4 times live .

Now if you want to be entertained ( like the band or not ) Metallica puts on one of the best modern day stage shows " period " .

Lots of SPL plenty of PYRO and for some reason this band brings out the girls that love to lift there tops .2.gif

----------------

On 3/4/2004 6:49:22 PM BackBurner wrote:

Your not missing much moon , the music is great and getting a chance now may well be your last . But there stage presence is nothing to scream about, i've seen them 4 times live .

Now if you want to be entertained ( like the band or not ) Metallica puts on one of the best modern day stage shows " period " .

Lots of SPL plenty of PYRO and for some reason this band brings out the girls that love to lift there tops .
2.gif

----------------

You freakin bet. Stadiums rule with them! Flat out make you hold your chest to make sure your heart didn't stop from the kick. First concert i ever went to was Metallica and justice for all tour. They came out with blackened and crushed everyone. **** the opener. You know how it goes. bull**** bull**** bull**** bull****!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there Scooter. Way to go on those tickets! Let us know how it went.

I spoke with you quite some time back about the possibility of Pink Floyd concert DVD's.

Any recent word of Pulse, and Delicate Sound Of Thunder coming to 5.1 DVD?

Thanks!

Mike

----------------

On 3/12/2004 5:20:35 AM wheelman wrote:

----------------

On 3/4/2004 6:49:22 PM BackBurner wrote:

----------------

The best live show/performers I've ever seen is a great band called 16 Horsepower. they are by far and away the best live performance I've ever seen. I've worked in clubs before and have seen quite a few live shows(well into the 100s easily) I've seen metallica about 5 times now...each time they got a little more commercial, a little less musical....RUSH "presto" tour was one that stands out in my mind also...)

PINK FLOYD is one of the ones that I always wanted to see...but never got a chance to. I'm sad I missed the show where Primus opened for them....first "division bell" tour I believe...

seriously though---16 horsepower...wow. the intensity of these guys is just...scary. I've seen them about 4 times now and each time...someone who has never seen them before asks in wonder "are they ALWAYS like this???"

when the lead singer, David-Eugene Edwards, starts to play his concertina (yes..concertina) and his eyes roll into the back of his head and he almost falls off of his stool, no pyrotechnics or drum solos in the world can match it....

they don't tour much---if you get a chance go see them.

back OT: I would love to hear this cover band....see what they are like and such...thanks for the info!!

WOW!

Went to the Australian Pink Floyd Show concert last night and all that I can say is ...WOW!

These guys were great to say the least. Outstanding light show and sound system. They utilized the circlular screen and a large backdrop to project all of the animation on. They were right on the money. I found myself watching the images and amimation for half the show and had to come to my senses that this was not the real PF, but it was so hard to tell from the way they sounded. The backup singers were outstanding. There was one gal that sang the great gig in the sky to a tee. I had tears in my eyes it was that good. They played all of Dark Side Of The Moon and then a whole lot of everything else. When they played One of These Days the sound was incredable!!! When the kick drum Kicked in it hit you right in the chest.

We were 16 rows back from the stage right in the center. The stereo sound system was really really excellent. The 2 guys on guitar were spot on with their playing. If any of you have a chance to see them before they go bye bye do it!

To Address Lone Palm

Quote from LonePalm "Without Roger Pink Floyd is a cover band!"

I beg to differ. I have been blessed being able to see PF live every tour since 1972- Meddle, DSOTM, Animals, The Wall, MLOR and DB tours. And 3 roger

water tours, Pros & Cons of Hitchiking, Radio Kaos, and In the Flesh and David Gilmours About Face tour in 84.

Now having stated that I think I have a bit of knowledge of PF and the 2 main men( not putting down Syd). Having said this I do miss rogers synical lyrics at times. But be realistic, David sang a majority of there songs on on Meddle, DSOTM. On WYWH and Animals it was split and the Wall was like 60-40 for Roger.

If you look at every "hit" song they ever had who was the vocalist?

David Gilmour

Lets talk about the signature style of PF and it is David's guitar without question. If you had seen the solo waters tours(except in the flesh)then you would realize what I am saying. Roger by himself was good but PF without him is great! He is not missed, period. Roger does not sing a majority of the Floyd songs for his solo tours either, others do.

This battle will go on until we all die. The one thing that remains is the fact we have had the opportunity to get 2 artist that have given us great music for over 35 years.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Denon AVR 3801

Onkyo M504 Power Amp driving the mains

Technique A-10 DVD Audio/Video Player

Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/Dvd Player

Dish Network Dolby Digital Sat receiver

Mitsubishi 50" Screen

Mitsubishi HSU-575 HiFi VCR

Klipsch La Scala ( Mains)

Custom Center Klipsch Rareitage

RFC5 Rear Surround Center

Klipsch RSS6 Surround Side (a)

Klipsch RSS .5 Surround Side (B)

Klipsch KSW 12 Subwoofer

Denon DRA-295 Stereo Receiver Driving Outdoor Speakers

Boston Acoustics OutDoor Speakers

My Home Theater Page http://www.geocities.com/scooterb4u/ScootersHT.html

I can tell that you young men never saw Jimi.................

Twice, and once in a 1,500 seat opra house, not at the superbowl. Row 5, center. The count was 28 Marshall's(sp?) for he and Noell Redding. What? Could you speak up?

David who? ...just kidding....he was great

Terry

Must have seen them at the Flint Center? A nice venue for a show like that. I wanted to go but couldn't spark an interest from the wife. A good thing though, we just flew in on the red-eye from Honolulu to SF and were dead tired. I'm glad you posted comments from the show, I'll be looking for them the next time they come to town.2.gif