To any Klipsch employee on forum

jbsl

I work at Dell Inc at one of the manufacturing plants. A lot of our customers would cancel their orders if it took 2 weeks to a month past the shipping date before we shipped their orders. I ordered a new pair of La Scalas back in mid Nov of 2003 and I'm still waiting.

I decided to buy new La Scalas for a number of reasons

1) I like the idea that no one else has owned them before me and these will probably be the last pair of speakers I will ever buy( I said probably maybe Khorns in 20 years).

2) Klipsch is the only speakers I have ever owned and I wanted to support the company.

3) I wanted to try the new crossovers.

When I paid for them at the store they said it would take around 6-8 weeks maybe longer. When they said longer I did not realize they meant 2 to 3 times longer.

I was told there is a problem with the cabinets with all La Scalas orders, there are 2 orders ahead of mine they have not been completed yet. I am glad that Klipsch realized there was a problem with the cabinets and are trying to fix the problem. I am glad that quality is taken very serious and they did not ship my order with a quality issue.

By the way does any Klipsch employees on the forum know any more details about the problem and how much longer before they even start my order? I apolagize for sounding a little frustrated but I am a getting a little frustrated. I guess I am starting to get frustrated because all I have been told is there is a cabinet problem. That is all I have heard.

Here is are some customer service tips for Klipsch,

First when manufacturing realizes there is a major problem with a order then customer service should be contacted. Manufacturing should give all the details about the problem or problems and what is being done to fix them. Then once customer service has all the details they contact the customer, in my case that would be the store I purchased them from, and give them all the details about the problem. For example a couple of years back there was a earthquake in a country where we get flat panel displays and other product we use in our computers. This was causing a delay in all our orders but we contacted the customers and told them about it and let any new customers that their orders would take longer than normal. At what point did Klipsch know about the problem? If they knew about it 2 orders before mine then why was I told the shipping date was Jan 16 and then Feb 6 and then around Feb 12 I was finaly told about a problem not a explanation of the problem.

Okay sorry if I have been ranting! I have been waiting 20 years for some La Scalas and I can wait some more just let me know why I am waiting longer.

Xman

klipschs customer communication and service sucks. Check out the promedia forums!

They've been making lascalas for decades and all of a sudden there's "a problem with the cabinets" ????? Hogwash.

Do yourself a favor and get a refund. Then go buy a mint late model pair of lascalas (AND HERESEYS!) with the money.

Another member on this board waited for over year or so for his single Belle Klipsch that he wanted for his center channel. Your wait is small so far compared to his up to this point anyway. You will most likely be waiting some more before you see your La Scala's. Good things come to those who wait and wait and wait I suppose. If you are in a hurry I would do as Don suggested, get your money back and buy two pair of mint used La Scala's or a pair of La Scala's and Cornwalls. Greg in Maine has three pair available for re-veneering/refurbishing in the finish of your choice. Have him make you up two pair in the veneer of your choice they would be like new since all the components are removed, tested, cleaned, and returned. The cabinets will be completely gone over so they will be like new. You can update the crossovers as well to the finest components at the same time. Your call man!

Who told you it would be 6-8 weeks? Your salesman?

Heritage speakers are not "manufactured", they are built by hand -- there is a big difference. Who have you spoken with at Klipsch? At any rate, I don't know how many folks they have building LaScalas at Hope, but I do know there is only ONE guy who builds the Klipschorns -- and the wait can be as long as 6 months. Some people easily have to wait that long for a special order vehicle from Detroit.

A timely response by Klipsch for Promedia problems is understandable when you consider the ratio of sales compared to something like Heritage.

Since it is a special order item, you probably had to pay cash up front -- and cancelling your order might cost you some money. I suggest deep breathing excerises, and you should be comforted by the knowedge that when you do get them -- they will have been built right, with the proper attention to detail. Trust me, it's worth the wait.

Maybe building these speaker cabinets is a lost art and nobody there knows how to do it anymore? Too bad they wouldn't pay Builder what he is worth. He could build all Heritage orders by himself and still have time on his hand.

This is just plain bad management. Some bean counter is probably trying to end the Heritage series completely right now, saying that we sold only 5 pairs of La Scalas last year. The important question is how many would you sell if dealers actually had them on display and could deliver promptly? Can you picture Smilin or Handel waiting a year?

I agree that you should get a refund and end the nonsense. A used pair will sound equivalent and there are various options to make them look like new again.

In Atlanta and a single dealer in S.C. I found new LaScalas anywhere from $3400 - $3900. You could buy at least 3 pair on ebay for that cost.

Considering all of the variations of the Heritage lineup over time -- to say a used pair will sound "equivalent" is stretching things a bit. You could probably land two pairs of mint LaScalas for the price of a new pair, IF you were patient enough to wait for them, willing to deal with the eBay hassle, AND the shipping hassle. Less than perfect and you can add restoration hassle to the list. Then of course there's tweaker's Hell to get the best out of them.

Consider the investment by Klipsch in outsourcing for the new drivers, and the R&D for the new crossover designs -- you can forget the actuaries -- Heritage will be around for some time to come. You actually think Klipsch went through all of this trouble so they could shelve the line?

Consider that the driver and crossover upgrade from Klipsch is $1800 alone. You guys are simply fooling yourselves if you actually believe it doesn't make a difference.

All good things come to those who wait.

I find that Klipsch customer service is awesome. I have had Promedia 5.1 Speakers for 3 years. I had a problem with them right away as many did and this first problem did take some time to resolve but none the less I was kept informed during the process. The replacement set died about 3 months ago I contacted Klipsch and they sent a shipping label to me to ship the speakers back and sent me a set and paid shipping both ways this took about 8 days ! All this after I owned and used the speakers for 2 years ! In my book there customer service and product support is second to none !

Craig

Dean,

True, you do have to go through the Ebay thing which could be easy or hard, short or long wait. Maybe an insane drive, like I did. But you may not have to do the restoration thing at all.

However, if you do go through all this what comes out is about a $2,000 savings, minimum. And I still say it can be done in far less time than he already has waited.

By the way I did it. I have '90 LaScalas, absolutely mint with ALK-3s in them. You don't think they are "equivalent" to what you can buy today? If not, would it be worth spending another $2,000 + to make up the difference?

Just trying to make a point.9.gif

----------------

On 3/5/2004 9:56:37 AM DeanG wrote:

All good things come to those who wait.

----------------

Maybe so, but 6 months or a year lag time is ridiculous. Even a 6 or 8 week special order is going to discourage a fair amount of potential customers. Why do you think car dealers will do just about anything to keep you from walking off their lot?

I don't mind waiting for the speakers to be finished it is not being able to find out what the cabinet issue is! I sent a email to customer service and they forwarded my email to the local klipsch sales rep for this region. He told me that there is a cabinet issue but he could not get me any details at the moment.

The very first email I sent to customer service about how long the average wait was for new LS and their reply was around 2 months. I did not mean to make such a long post. I was going to simply make a post asking any Klipsch employees on the forum if they new what the cabinet problem was but like I said not being able to get an answer on the cabinet issue is starting to get frustrating.

I agree that Klipsch would not have spent all the money on developing the new Heritage line just to stop making them. I think since Klipsch did spend the money to upgrade them they also should come up with a better marketing strategy. I am going to contact the area sale rep again and politely demand a better answer on the cabinet issue.

Xman

jbsl,

I could tell you my nightmare with your company (DELL) but it would take too long. They put my order off for close to 4 months before I cancelled it. Making every excuse in the book. Since than I have built my own comps.

hoggy

Well I called the manufacturing number and talked to a women in tech support and she said they were shipped on Tuesday of this week. The sales rep said it was not the cabinet but the finish so in the end I had to dig around myself but got my answers. I think the amount of time people wait for the new Heritage speakers depends on the number of orders already ordered before you order a pair. Mine would have shipped right around 2 months if not for the problem with the finish. I had no problem with a longer wait but not knowing what kind of cabinet issue was the issue for me.

I know some people on the forum think spending this much money and waiting this long is crazy but it is my dads fault. My dad never bought anything used always new! 20 years later he would still have it and it would still be working. The only things he ever bought used were guns, he loves his guns like we love our Klipsch! He bought a Chevy Suburban in 1976 and did not replace it until 1996 with a Ford F150 which he will have until the day he dies. I'm 38 and have had 2 cars, a Honda CRX 220,000 miles and my Ford Ranger 110,000 miles and counting. Also I like the idea that I'm the first owner of my pair of La Scalas, don't have to worry about how the last owner took care of or did not take care of a used pair. Don't have to worry about upgrading the crossovers, they have a warranty!

I think the main reason I like this forum so much is you can come on here with your Kllipsch problems and even other issues in your life and have a support group that gives you many different opions to solving a problem. Thank You to everyone who has ever replied to any of my post or sent me emails with answers to questions on amps and speakers!!

Hopefully by next Friday I will have the La Scalas and the Cayin TA 30 up and running! Thanks again everyone!

Xman

Hoggy I'm sorry to hear that! I guess every company has their horror stories! Your problem with Dell makes me realize that. How long ago was that? 2 or 3 years ago Dell moved the manufacturing plant for home computers out of Austin and to Tennesse. If you ordered it right in the middle of the move then it might have got messed up in the move. NOT that it is an excuse! I don't know the details on the part of Dell but it sounds like we screwed up and I apolagize! When I got my Dell computer it had a problem with the CDRW, tech support sent a tech to my house and changed it out for a new one and it has been working fine since. I don't blame you for just making your own. I hate to hear stories like yours because I have worked at Dell for almost 6 years and where I work safety and quality are the 2 most important things.

Xman