To any Klipsch employee on forum

jbsl

What is going to hurt Dell, and a lot of other companies, is outsourcing the support call centers to India. They don't want to help you. They just want to save the company money. We have over 300 at the small college where I work. We like them, but support calls have turned into a nightmare for certain models. We are working now on being certified as support technicians for Dell, to service our own equipment. Very cool!

Marvel

Actually, Dean, the changes to the La Scala made virtually no difference at all compared to the Type AA La Scalas.

To be fair, the new ones will sound better at high volumes due to the crossover changes. And the Z-brackets have been added to the tweeters and that is an improvement to imaging.

Marvel I agree totaly on the India issue! I think too many American companies are sending jobs overseas and I worry about it myself!

Well it's funny how things turn out! On the day I go off and start moaning about Klipsch taking toooooo long to finish my speakers the La Scalas are delivered to the store I bought them from. So Sat morning I'll do a 2 hour road trip to College Station to pick them up.

However I still feel they could have informed me about the problem with the finish instead of saying there is a cabinet problem. That is like a mechanic saying he found a problem with your engine but not telling you what the problem is and then saying it should be finished with another 3 days of work. I found out there was a cabinet problem 3 weeks ago and only today did I find out it was not the actula cabinets but the finish that goes on them.

Okay enough about that issue life is good now!! I'll try to do short review on Sunday and later after they have had a chance to burn in do a more in depth review. I am not good at expressing how systems sounds or how speakers sound so if Texas42 is reading this come up to Austin in late March early April and help me do a review.

Xman

Sounds like a plan. The Cayin TA-30 you bought will go well with them.

There are several things you must have for a well thought out review. Good music, very good equipment, and great beer! 9.gif When you get them set up and are ready, I'll do the road trip up and we can run them through their paces. They are great speakers. I wish I had kept my LaScalas but I didn't have tubes at the time and ended up selling them far too cheaply...8.gif

The trouble with the finish was that they didn't have any finished! HAHAHA I kill me! LOL! Oh my gawd!

My dad never bought anything new. He either made it himself or bought it used for pennies on the dollar.

Isn't it funny how we end up like our fathers?

"...the changes to the La Scala made virtually no difference at all compared to the Type AA LaScalas...the new ones will sound better at high volumes due to the crossover changes."

Hi John,

I find some conflict between your former and latter statements.

Considering the vast differences in the two crossovers, I would expect one to hear some major differences. Interesting.

Just try to buy a Dell now or accessories - all outsourced to India. You would think that the price quoted is the price - Wrong. When I sais that I would have to think about a purchase suddenly the price dropped. It's like a street market now. Most unprofessional. After a nightmare with a tape backup drive I purchased from Dell for a Dell which they never could adequately support i will never ever purchase another item from Dell.