Mullah Bush and the American Taliban strike again

----------------

On 3/5/2004 6:12:55 PM James D McCall wrote:

Yes, let's put Howard Stern up there on the exalted pedestal of first amendment rights with some other great Americans: Larry Flynt, Hugh Hefner, Madonna, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, etc. Gee, it makes me proud to be an American.

----------------

Hey now.. Lighten up on ol Hugh. 2.gif

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah,Howard was funny,WAS,for about 15 minutes.Hard to believe someday they will say SO and SO makes Howard Stern look like Captain Kangaroo.I suppose a live killing and eating would be needed,or did they do that one? Special ED,now that's entertainment!

Howard stern is an ahhhole! Back in the 80's he was trying to crack into the Philadelphia morning market owned by John DiBella, Mr. DiBella's wife committed suicide at this time and Howard made light of it and tooled on John! What a low life.....7.gif

----------------

On 3/5/2004 8:11:52 PM sunnysal wrote:

I found that by reversing my A/C plug I could reduce hum eminating from my amp...I had thought that perhaps this switching of polarity might cause problems but so far so good...

----------------

Yeah Tony, I know, stick to audio. Of course, you're right. I plead guilty to transgressing and shall throw myself on the mercy of the court of klipschdom. Of course, with all these flaming liberals running around here, I'm toast.8.gif

----------------

On 3/5/2004 10:06:00 PM James D McCall wrote:

Of course, with all these flaming liberals running around here, I'm toast.
8.gif

----------------

How do you think I feel? I often times see both sides of the coin. I end up flaming myself. 9.gif

You're correct m00n! It's no good to stand straight and tall anymore. You have to lean left or right. It's getting like the Middle East or Northern Ireland. If you listen close enough, however, you can hear where the real hatred and divisiveness is coming from.

----------------

On 3/5/2004 11:11:54 PM boomac wrote:

Griffinator, are you suggesting the Rush is to the "right" as Howard is to the "Left"?

----------------

No, I'm suggesting that freedom of speech is easily whittled away - and all it takes is someone drawing an imaginary line in the sand.

If Howard's broadcasts were that much of a problem, then the FCC would be bound to demand that his shows be played only after 10PM, just like offensive TV content.

If the FCC was actually being even-handed about it, then Lex&Terry (a 22-state syndicated morning radio show renouned for its lewd, sexist discussions, including the notorious "Drunk ***** Friday" segment)would be facing the same problem. Guess what? They aren't.

----------------

On 3/5/2004 11:22:30 PM m00n wrote:

Griff... I'm not for or against Rush, but I will say this. From the things I've heard of him, he does not spew sexual filth out onto our airwaves. I'm just basing that on what I have head...

----------------

You're missing the point. Go back and re-read the one directly above yours. It's a slippery slope, the abridgement of freedom of speech. Before you know it, anti-government speech is outlawed, and we live in a dictatorship.

The point is that abridgement of speech for any reason draws a line in the sand, which is subject to being moved at the whims of those that finance our representatives (PACs and Corporations)

If you don't draw the line, you don't take the risk. You can regulate who is exposed to it, but to abridge it outright is opening Pandora's Box.

----------------

On 3/6/2004 12:00:43 AM jnorv wrote:

We have already fallen off the edge. The recently passed campaign finance reform act is a direct assault on the 1st Amendment. Congress shall pass no law...yadayada.

Jim N

----------------

Interesting that you define bribery as freedom of speech. The finance reform act just restricted PAC's, which are primarily funded by corporations, not groups of individuals, from donating unlimited amounts of money to the campaigners.

This bribery is what put us in the situation we are now, where war is waged for monetary gain, and reckless spending on wasteful, corrupted military purchasing (yes, we're still paying $300 for a toilet seat, only it's to Haliburton instead of McDonnel-Douglas)

Freedom of speech in America has ALWAYS had limits. Try running into your local cineplex screaming "FIRE" at the top of your lungs. Likewise, there has always been community-based standards of decency that set bounds for what can be said on radio, shown on TV, etc. But now, the filth-mongers are trying to wrap themselves in the first amendment in order to justify their depravity.

In my opinion, anything that goes out on the airwaves for all to hear and see, should be FIT for ALL to hear and see. From grandma down to the little tykes.

Comparing Howard Stern to Rush Limbaugh is one of the more ridiculous things I've seen lately. Stern and all of those "shock jocks" like him should be banned from the airwaves.

Wow, do you think that after we ban everyone that you don't like from the airwaves maybe we could burn some books you don't agree with too? I mean you wouldn't want to take a chance that grandma and the little tykes might go to the library without you looking over their shoulder.