Hidalgo, no spoilers!

Grateful11

We went to see Hidalgo this afternoon. I thought it was pretty well done and enjoyable. Sure there's got to be a lot fiction in there but still not a bad flick. Main reason for seeing it was my wife, she has the hots for Viggo like about half of the women around the country right now. Very different actor, I hear he's an artist, photographer, horse lover and very good father. They actually used his art work in "A Perfect Murder".

Grateful

I hope this is not a spoiler-just a general question:

One thing I didn't understand about this story was how did the sponsors and tent people follow the racers? The competitors seemed to race during the day and then they would converse with the sponsors and support people at night. How were they always ahead of the racers? They were even there at the finish line as the racers came in!

Otherwise, an amazing story about a real person. The real story of this man and his horse is incredible--don't miss that in the credits!

I own Hidalgo and think it is a pretty good movie. I will probably watch it again sometime and loan it to my dad and uncle to watch. Not alot of special effects but just a good story with good acting.

As far as the sponsors, etc. staying ahead of the racers... I think the racers took the long way through and around impediments while the sponsers went directly from starting point A to ending point B so they were there waiting for the racers at a particular meeting point.

D