MAtchmaker, Matchmaker ( looking for sutiabel plugs for in-wall wiring)

MarvinG

When one uses in-wall cable, how are the cables terminated?

I am guessing its via some sort of wall plate, then 'regular' speaker cables running from the face plates to the speakers (and the AVR).

Are the generally available?

For example, if I dont go that route and expose a foot or two of the wire for the front towers, is there an appropriate plug/sleeve/connector arragement for this? Take a look at http://members.rogers.com/msgtech3/ht/images/bi.pdf This 'look' sucks. This is Ultralink CL414 in-wall cable with UltraLink Compression Fit UL-0521 connectors.

Thanks

Marvin

The wall plates are indeed clean. Only negative might be it introduces another break in the connection from amp to speaker.

One last option I can think of is the let the wire be exposed into the room, but improve the appearance (for those who peak) by using '2 sleeve cable pants', such as those shown at http://www.hometech.com/techwire/audioconn.html#Z1P

This would work for two terminal connections ( ie not bi-wired), but I have yet to find any 4-sleeve cable pants.

Is there such a thing?

Agree with Griff on the WAF (wife acceptance factor - for newbies) Neatness counts. You don't want wires hanging out and RCA jacks or even spade lugs aren't the best for speaker connects.

Try MCM electronics - I think they have a line of standard wall plates that would fit remodel boxes with 5-way binding posts. They would fit standard dual banana plugs just like on the back of your Klipsch speakers. Groovy!

ps MCM also carries the EV horn that is a suitable replacement for heritage tweeters in Heresy, Cornwall, etc. OK OK, the purists will get me for this last comment.