New TV & RF-7's

slowjoe24

Some prefer the large bulk cable in ultralinkcables.com that Griff carries here. Some prefer homedepot's 12guage cables. Some go for the partexpress.com Soundking 12guage cables. They are all great choices......... well I didn't try the cables That Griff carries...... I'd try it someday as I finished my soundking cables 9.gif . They are all around $30 for 100feet, homedepot's one is little cheaper as I could remember(but I heard of they need to be tin well or oxidize quite fast, not certain about this).

Nice looking construction Joe! How did you determine the slope of the shelf? It looks pretty steeply angled downwards. Is your prime viewing position fairly close to the TV?

I've got my RC7 underneath my 35" Sony set, on a similar angled stand, but it has always bothered me that the rear port is firing into the TV stand cabinet. Your top-mount keeps the RC7 in free air, so the bass port is unobstructed, good job!

----------------

On 3/12/2004 9:06:40 AM colterphoto1 wrote:

Nice looking construction Joe! How did you determine the slope of the shelf? It looks pretty steeply angled downwards. Is your prime viewing position fairly close to the TV?

Your top-mount keeps the RC7 in free air, so the bass port is unobstructed, good job!

----------------

Well.........I tried to build the shelf so that it would be flat or level, however, it ended up being slightly tilted to the front of the TV. Then I used the feet on the bottom of the RC7 to make the angle down toward my listening area.

My couch is approx. 12-13ft. from the TV. I have not played with the angle much but I may raise the angle on it some. The real reason I built the shelf like I did was to more evenly distribute the heavy weight of the RC7 on the flimsy feeling top of the TV (thin plastic). The TV only has a 4" lip on the top. I also used four rubber tabs on the bottom of the shelf.....like the one's that come with the RC7 to keep it from scratching the TV. Thanks for the nice comments on my system. There is always room for improvements!2.gif