Projector cabling

colterphoto1

Hey gang, you guys seem to have info on everything, so here goes:

In my photo gallery of new home CLOSING TODAY!!!, I will have my Canon XGA projector hooked up to laptop for clients to view photos and to HT setup for movies. The PC has db25? (three rows of pins in trapezoid plug about 7/8" wide) computer line outs and S-vid round pin outs. The projector will accept db25?, S-vid, RCA, or component (3xRCA) plugs. I'll probably get a new DVD/CD player for this setup.

Assuming the projector is about 10-15 feet from the screen and about a 20-25 foot wiring run from the computer and HT components, what should my wiring scenario be? MY PRIMARY CONCERN IS VID QUALITY FROM THE COMPUTER as it's how I make my $$$

1. DB25? from computer and other(see #2) from DVD, which I can switch from the projectors remote?

2.If I use the above scheme, what should I use from DVD to projector? I understand that composite (single RCA) is the cheapest and worst so it's out. S-vid is middle cost and quality, but the cables are only available in 20 foot lengths- does that mean that's the max recommended length of a S-vid run? Component vid (3xRCA) is the most costly be best, right? It looks like I'd have to have a custom cable made up at a cost of about $100+ for the 25 foot run. Is it worth it?

3. route the computer output Svid through the receiver and continue with this to the projector?

4. If the DVD is my primary vid source (ie no VHS or catv) should I route straight from DVD to projector, since I don't need the switching capability of the receiver?

Thanks