how can we tell which internet dealer's are legit?

Deang

anyone care to comment on federalstereo.com?

The dealer locator is worthless for this kind of thing (or is there a way to do this that I am not aware of?)

------------------

DeanGW

This message has been edited by deang on 06-30-2001 at 10:18 PM

They are selling them, they just dont have them in stock yet probobly

Its an internet, site, you cant "see" what they have.. they can say it... and you have to decide wether or not to believe them.

------------------

Living Room:

Yamaha Natural Sound A-500 Stereo Amplifier

2 Klipsch Heresys on A switch

2 Fisher STV-873 on B switch

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

I wouldn't doubt they, unlike Carlin Audio where you are, is just trying to build up enough orders so they have a little "muscle", read (your money), to make a backdoor deal somewhere. Doesn't mean you'll get them right away, just sometime while your alive.

------------------

Tom

Monster Power HTS-5000 coming July 5th!

KLF-20 Mahogany

McIntosh C33 (now off life support)

Rotel RB-1080

Yamaha PF-800 Turntable/ Sure V15 Type V Cartridge

Ortofon VMS-30 mkII Cartridge

Stanton 999SS Cartridge

Carver TL-3100 CD

Yamaha K-1020 Cassette

dbx 1231 EQ

H.H. Scott 830z Analyzer

Monster Interlink 400mk II

Monster Interlink 300 mk II

Studio Tech U-48RW Cabinet

Original 12ga. Monster Cable

Enough boxes for a fire hazard!

This message has been edited by tblasing on 06-30-2001 at 11:50 PM

Guest BobG

Folks, if they aren't on the dealer locator, they aren't an authorized dealer. That means you are playing with fire. Someone who has already crossed the line and is doing illegitimate business. Telling you that the warranty is good, telling you they are a Klipsch dealer etc. Don't do business with liars! Remember, anybody can tell you they have product. Once they have decided to lie, there is no end.

If they aren't on the locator, they aren't a dealer. If they aren't a dealer and you choose to do business with them, you have elected to give up many of the protections you have when working with an authorized dealer. BEWARE.

Kevin,

I think you ought to post the specific dealer you're talking about, or drop a private message or email to one of the moderators. If Klipsch is shipping direct from the Klipsch warehouse to a dealer who does not appear on the dealer locator list, I'd be (a) really surprised, and (B) intensely curious.

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering

Keith:

I don't have any hair left to pull out...

Kevin S:

If you'd like to private message me the dealer who is on the boxes and the dealer you bought them from (if different) I'll let you know what is going on...

PhilH

The only authorized Internet sources for Klipsch Home Audio Product, with 1 exception, all have physical stores a customer can walk into and make a purchase if desired. We encourage all our "brick and mortar" dealers to sell Klipsch on their website, if they have one. Today's marketing strategies include this newer method of reaching customers. There are limitations in that their Klipsch website sales can only be in their marketing area (the same areas their physical stores serve). The only exception to this is Ubid, which is an Internet-only dealer we sell closeouts to. Ubid is also an authorized Klipsch dealer.

There are Internet-only sites out there that will tell you otherwise. Beware...They ARE lying to you...and if they lie to you at the onset of the transaction, they will lie to you when you need service...if they are still there.

PhilH

BobG/PhilH

Living in the UK makes it extremely difficult(expensive) to purchase Klipsch products. I know that you now have an authorized dealer in the UK but I get paid in US dollars not English Pounds. I'm looking at purchasing a set of RS-7s, if I'm not mistaken the MSRP is $900. If you're asking this price in dollars, the English dealers will be asking the same thing in Pounds. The exchange rate today is 1.44, meaning: I will have to multiply 900(English Pounds)X 1.44(Exchange Rate) = $1,296 US Dollars. The final price does not include the 16-17% VAT (value added tax) that will be added. Before we could purchase some Klipsch products from the Base Exchange stores but they no longer sale the high-end products. They say that they are too expensive and the ordinary person will not pay for them. In fact, to get rid of some KLF 30s that were sitting in warehouses for some time, they went on clearance for $387 a pair. I got my pair for $600, after they realized they were selling them too cheap.

I know quite a few people here who have high-end Klipsch products and would like to purchase more. The extra price that we will have to pay on the British economy makes the purchase less appealing. The question for me is, am I willing to pay $300+ more to purchase them from an authorized dealer? No, I'm not willing to do that. I know that this issue has been talked about over and over again, but some of us are really in some tight positions. This is a situation that merits some looking into. The two authorized dealers that I've talked to in the states (IL and LA)do not have current internet sites that I can order from.

If you would sell them to me directly from Klipsch at the price of unauthorized internet dealers, I'll purchase them from you. What do you say about this, is it a deal or what?

British speakers cost about twice UK price here in the U.S. Just a fact of life. Klipsch does work to keep market price in line outside the US (by that I mean steamlined logistics, small staff, nothing inappropriate). We do not sell direct to end user here inside the US or outside.

If you come up with a good solution, we would be very happy to know it. The US company that can get big boxes delivered across the pond to a distribution center, sell it through a network of reps to a larger network of retailers and on to the consumer, with full service and support, and do it at a price near that of the US where they are made...well you get the picture.

Perhaps you should gray market some fine British Hi-Fi to us poor Yanks who can't afford local market price. I apologize for this flippant sounding response, but I am not smart enough to think of a better one.