<OT> puter keeps slowing down, whats up?

LoW_KeY

Well I'd post on general questions but no one goes there frown.gif

I leave my computer on for a few hours and the clock and every thing will be behind I just noticed it but my computer was reading the 28th? I do leave it on over night and all..

even when I restart I'll notice that it starts doing this shortly after, I'm beginning to think Dells are evil. Could it be Windows98?

I'll be glad to build my new system soon biggrin.gif

By now you have either got an answer from Dell or gone insane from the music. But incase your still looking for a solution, you might try replacing the lithium battery in your mother board. The normal sign of a low battery is a slowdown in your clock.

That is an issue with Win 95, 98, 98se and ME. A two-minute to one-hour time loss can occur every day. There are two known causes:

1) Advanced Power Management settings in your BIOS could cause problems with the motherboard's internal battery and Window's ability to read the clock. Make sure APM is enabled in your BIOS to allow windows to read the time.

2) Anti-virus apps, system utilities and screen savers can change your time settings. Try disabling such software for a day (one at a time) to determine which is the offending app.

You may also have a bad system clock in need of replacement: another call to Dell....

I installed AtomTime98 v. 2.1 on my work computer to resolve the problem: the program periodically resets your clock according to the time issued by some atomic clock somewhere. Nifty!

Good luck.

------------------

May the bridges we burn light our way....

I was thinking it was the battery.. omg I almost lost it last night I called at midnight and I heard that music for 20-25 min. well it felt darn close to that, I was tired and hung up, but I'll give it another shot.

I'll try disabling the virus scan and see what I come up with too, thanks for the help everyone smile.gif