When will Heritage ship???

wired1

Anyone have any info on when the Heritage line will ship again? I think it's pretty crappy that they sell products and never give any information regarding availability. I have waited 3 months now for my LaScallas and the dealer told me he hasn't heard a word about when they are shipping again. The only reason I haven't canceled my order is because the Heritage series rocks, but my patience is wearing thin. If it doesn't ship soon, I'l cancel my order and get a pair of commercial JBL's instead.

http://www.jblpro.com/

Check out the TR225's!

WTF???Text

------------------

wired1@ameritech.net

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too would like an update on the status of the Heritage line. I placed an order for a pair of Belle's and 3 Heresy's about a month ago. I just received the Heresy's and was told at the time of placing the order that the Belle's would be manufactured in August. Would like to know if that schedule is firm.

Thanks.

Guest BobG

All I can tell you for certain is there is no firm schedule. Progress continues but anybody who quotes you firm ship dates is misinformed or making it up.

I can sympathize with you wired1 as I to have been waiting since February for my La Scala's(rs) to go with my(f)Khorns(now ordered a pair of oiled oak Hersey II's for s)and 2 KLF-C7's for c and rc. I wish my Dealer had informed me about the situation before I ordered(bad enough ordering blind with no test drive)and I didn't have to find out from the forum as to the Heritage problems(don't think he honestly knew since it's been awhile someone ordered Heritage and not Legends or Ref series).

But regardless, good things come to those that wait and with Klipsch, I want them to take their time and get it right!

If it takes past August(I was told delivery will start then)or until September, October, November, thats fine with me. SO LONG AS IT'S DONE RIGHT!

my 2 cents or 1.65 cents US TextText

Wired1 and other heritage-starved faithful,

I tried to order a single belle klipsch to anchor my cornerhorns back in early Spring, only to learn I'd have to wait till "late Summer". I've been searching everywhere I can think to look for pre-owned one (oak oil / black grille) with absolutely no luck. I am just trying to be patient. At this point, I'll be pleasantly surprised if they start shipping before the end of the year.

To be honest, I've been so frustrated at times by this situation that I've even considered abandoning my heritage system plans altogether. Maybe put together a Reference rig. But I'd never actually do that unless they sounded better than the 'horns in a direct comparison, in my music room. And I really can't imagine that happening.

So. We're just stuck in limbo, it seems. Oh well, it's not like SACD and/or DVD-A are taking off like wildfire.

------------------

JDMcCall

BobG,

Why is it that no information has been divulged to the public regarding the "progress" of the Heritage line? I am not kidding when I say that Klipsch has done the absolute worst job of keeping their clients (and potential customers) informed about products they wish to sell. Usually, companies that treat their customers like "annoyances" die slowly or simply go out of business. I am sick and tired of not getting information and getting the run-around when asking about something that I already purchased but didn't receive. I even took a gamble at buying the damn LaScallas without hearing them for over 10 years because no one carries them!!! On top of that... Now that I am pissed off... Where the hell is my "free present" for helping with the web site??? I haven't heard a word or received anything!!!!

------------------

wired1@ameritech.net

I feel "blessed" to have such nice speakers in my house. I love the open and dynamic sound of the herritage speakers. Well, with that I figure if anyone really wants La Scala speakers I have a pair that my wife demands I sell. If you want to see them it is posted under the 2 channel audio section under khorns.

Why under khorns you may ask? Because at first the wife was demanding I sell my khorn babies. Now I have talked her into the La Scallas. Oh the sacrafices we make for love.

I agree totally James, I to almost abandoned my Khorns(thanks to a few folks on the board I woke up and slapped myself silly)and was going to go with the Legend idea all around for home theatre.

My first dealings with Klipsch was hearing a pair of La Scala's when I was in High School at a friends(78, I was in "Horn Heaven"). Then 15 years later I threw out my Pioneer bookshelves and got a pair of Oiled Oak Khorns at one hell of a deal($2400CDN\$1600US brand spankin new in the shipping crates, I lucked in folks Smile.gif ). I can still see my ex-wifes face when she walked in the door "Hi Babe, remember those real lousy Pioneers you hated...welllllll". That was just the beginning, now I have changed from 2 channel to the HT bug and want to do it in "Heritage Style". I can honestly say I'm a Heritage Lifer Biggrin.gif

Bob, thanks for the offer, if you were abit closer to me I'd drive down, and be quite happy to give them a new and welcome home, but I think the gas bill total for my 4X4 would be a killer and probably would evenly compare to the price on the Scalz Smile.gif

Wired1, the reason is, there is nothing to report. I'm sure when Klipsch knows, BobG and the boys will post it here first, even before the Dealers I'm willing to bet, just for "our" benefit. My word from my local Dealer and Distributor(May), who called Hope while I was standing there, that the "target" date was August "sometime" but "nothing" tentative yet. They (Klipsch) are still in the selection process. Which to me means on the "drawing board" or "test bed". I have automatically assumed that I'm probably looking at fall for mine, or as James said "end of the year" most likely, but hope not..OH PLEASE!

But hey, that's cool, I know you and I, and everyone else is getting the "NEW" Heritage line start year 2001, but at 2000 prices (added bonus if you think about it). I'm sure the pricing will go up after the part selection process has been decided and we WILL get top quality...hey it's KLIPSCH Smile.gif

Now if I can just straighten out these 2 index fingers!

Wired1,

With all due respect, while I would be annoyed having to wait for a product I've ordered, I just don't see what basis you have to complain about Klipsch's conduct.

First, this bulletin board provides all of us with insights that very few other companies provide to their customers and potential customers. I tip my hat to Klipsch for devulging what other companies might consider to be trade secrets.

Second, BobG and others have been totally candid with us. Do you think that Klipsch would intentionally delay the process of partnering with a new vendor of the Heritage series drivers? To what end?

Of course Oosting is right -- if you don't want to wait, you can always buy used. I'm sure Klipsch appreciates that it will lose some sales as a result of the delays.

I too am concerned about the future "purity" of Klipsch. I too am a bit skeptical of the new Reference line replacing the Legends. I want the Heritage to be available again -- like YESTERDAY -- just to know its there! But I trust they are not just sitting on their hands.

I appreciate how you feel. I just think that lately this BB has turned into a forum of bashing Klipsch for everything.

My $.02

--JoshT

quote:

Originally posted by JoshT:

Wired1,

if you don't want to wait, you can always buy used. --JoshT

If YOU can find an immaculate oak/oil belle klipsch with black grille, 1982-present, then please let me know! I've been lookin' for over three months now.

cwm33.gif

------------------

JDMcCall

JoshT

Let me tell you that I'm pretty pissed about this whole thing. I have every right in the world to bash Klipsch because they have done a crappy job in keeping customers informed and making product available. While the moderators have nothing to do with the politics of Klipsch, I have never directly accused them of any wrong doings.

It is true that the Klipsch Heritage line rocks but I have not seen ANY posting on this website alerting customers to production problems with their speakers. I guess that the Web Admins could be held responsible for that..?

Anyway, if Klipsch was unable to fulfill orders due to production problems, THEY SHOULDN'T BE TAKING ANY NEW ORDERS!!!!! To take orders and make customers wait is terrible. I never knew that it was going to take this long to get the speakers and I never would have placed the order if I had known it would take this long. I can't get my money back from the dealer either because this is a special order and they make that known when ordering. Obviously, the dealer is not to blame, the Web Admins are not to blame... Who is to blame?????

It is truly unfortunate to every Klipsch customer that has been waiting for a product they probably paid for but never got. Terrible, terrible customer service....

------------------

wired1@ameritech.net

Hi Wired1,

I didn't realize that your dealer won't give you your money back, but I can virtually guaranty you that that is illegal. Here in Mass I'm quite sure it would be considered a deceptive and unfair trade practice with severe penalties. Once the dealer realized that the speakers are not available, and may not be indefinitely, they must refund your money. You didn't "contract" to buy the speaker with that knowledge.

I doubt Klipsch would condone such conduct, and you should pressure them to call the dealer and undo the transaction. If Klipsch refuses, then you have a valid gripe against Klipsch.

On the other hand, so long as there is full disclosure from the outset (which I gather was not the case with you), then I don't think you can blame Klipsch just because things might take longer than anticipated.

--JoshT

JoshT,

When I first ordered the speakers I was told their may be a 6-8 week delay because the speakers are built to order. I was concerned about the length of time but they told me that it was normal for Klipsch speakers. They never mentioned any problem Klipsch was having getting components for the speakers. The dealer told me that it was a special order and non-refundable. They were very up-front regarding this and I agreed. This problem is not the fault of the dealer but Klipsch. Again, if Klipsch was unable to produce a product they should not have been accepting orders.

Other posts on this site indicate people have been waiting longer than me and this is why I believe that Klipsch has faulted. Regardless of my situation, Klipsch has not been fourthcoming regarding information and have been "cryptic" at best with information. Even the Web Admin said that they are progressing but nothing is definite. What the hell does that mean????

I have been a musician for a long time and dealt a great deal in this industry. I'm telling you that the way Klipsch is dealing with this is outright bad.

------------------

wired1@ameritech.net

Wired1 - If your desire is to be let out of the purchase, and to get your money back, may I suggest that you ask the dealer if they are on the hook with Klipsch for any money because of your order. If they are not, then the issue is with the dealer, and I think you would have recourse against them to fully refund your money. If they ARE on the hook to Klipsch financially, perhaps the dealer could persuade Klipsch to let them off and cancel the order, under the circumstances. Just a thought...Smile.gif

Doug

Wait a second Wired1. Did you, or did you not, attempt to get your money back? If you did, and were refused, then you have a legitimate gripe. Otherwise you do not in my opinion. Klipsch has not be "cryptic" at all on this BB. They have explained the situation quite openly.

First - the disclaimer:

This message is in no way meant to bash or take sides.

Ok, now that that's out the way. Smile.gif

From my lurkings about this whole issue, the one thing that stands out to me is that only when the question about delays in the delivery of some Heritage products was directly asked (IIRC the question was more along the lines of a rumor of the Heritage series being discontinued), was information disseminated about what was happening. Now, although I feel the info that came forth was open & honest, it nonetheless had to be solicited. And therein lies what I feel is the weak link in the communication chain and quite possibly why wired1 is PO'd.

What I would hope is that Klipsch would take this bump-in-the-road as an opportunity to look at how they interface with their dealers and how they can get accurate, factual information to them quickly so the dealers can better inform their customers. My aircraft company has customer advisory bulletins that go out routinely about our aircraft and parts. Certainly a similiar process wouldn't be too much to ask.

As for no updates cause there's nothing to tell....well, I'm not sure I totally buy in to that. Personally, a short blurb to say that there's been no significant progress or that we still can't commit to a delivery date wouldn't hurt. I would hope we'd all agree that you can't communicate too much. Klipsch does a very good job of communicating with their customers, however, there's always room for improvement.

Who knows....maybe a "click here for updates to Klipsch Heritage speaker production" button on the website might be enough for wired1 to become un-wired about this issue. Smile.gif

Tom Adams

Tony Adams,

Awesome post. I couldn't agree with you more.

JoshT,

I have tried to get my money back and the dealer told me the order has already been processed. If you don't think that Klipsch has been cryptic, read the following quotation from BobG's post:

"All I can tell you for certain is there is no firm schedule. Progress continues but anybody who quotes you firm ship dates is misinformed or making it up."

If you don't think that's cryptic your smokin crack. What does progress continues mean?????

------------------

wired1@ameritech.net

Cryptic? Nah.... there is no hidden message you need to decipher there...

BobG is just being honest... vague, ambiguous and honest.. he doesn't have a clue when the parts will be ready and has stated that Klipsch is making progress in obtaining them.

Does that help you? By no means. It's a lose-lose situation for you (and other customers) and Klipsch. Both sides are probably very frustrated.

Klipsch=Heinz Ketchup. Worth the wait.

Mace

Thank you Mace.

Wired1, you haven't a clue what "cryptic" means. Klipsch gave a straight answer. You just don't like what they told you.

Sorry you are unhappy. You want something that you cannot get, and that stinks. But don't confuse your frustration with Klipsch acting inappropriately.

Your dealer is breaking the law. Do something about it.