When will Heritage ship???

wired1

JoshT,

How can you say that the message hasn't been cryptic? In one breath he tells us that they are making progress but nothing is definite..? Actually, it seems as if the Web Masters aren't getting all the info and they are passing on what their told. I am not accusing them of any wrong doings - it is simply coming from above. In any case, customers waiting for merchandice since January have the best gripes with Klipsch. I simply want an answer - what is going on and when are the products expected to ship? I don't want speculation or any BS. Considering I already paid for the speakers, I believe I (and everyone else who is waiting for speakers) have a right to those answers.

------------------

wired1@ameritech.net

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Wired1,

First, I want to apologize if I am being insensitive, because if I were you I would be very angry too. I am waiting on the delivery of a new car that the dealer told me (1) was at another dealer, soon to be delivered, then (2) was at a "central location," relatively soon to be delivered, and now (3) is supposedly on the ship steaming across the Atlantic, LESS soon to be delivered. It is infuriating, and I certainly feel I was lied to by the dealer (twice) to induce me to make a deposit. And like you, I am mad, but want the car so I'll wait and stew. I do hear you loud and clear.

Like Tom and you, I also think it would have been a good idea for Klipsch to have made some sort of announcement on its BB before someone (you perhaps?) first raised this issue.

But I do think that, at least once it was asked, BobG has been as forthright as possible in his postings. When he says "there is no firm schedule" he is not being cryptic, he is being honest. And I have read elsewhere on this BB that Klipsch is trying to negotiate with different companies to make the horns for the tweeter and midrange drivers, but has not yet concluded a deal with anyone. So, overall, I get the sense that Klipsch simply has not yet struck a deal with the new vendor, and things are dragging on, and they can make no promises. I negoatiate business transactions all the time as part of my job, and frequently there are delays that neither side desires, but neither side can control.

I cannot imagine that your dealer has the right to withhold your money. You contracted to buy speakers on a 6 to 8 week delivery schedule, and now you are being told you have to wait indefinitely. That is not fair, and Klipsch should step in at this point and insist that you get a refund from that dealer, if that is what you want. You can always order the speaker later if (1) it actually becomes available and (2) you haven't found a used model by then. Anyway, good luck with this and sorry if I have sounded dismissive.

By the way, another thing I would insist on if I were you is confirmation that the finish you desire will continue to be available. I was quite annoyed to learn that the mahogany is being dropped from the Reference line. I hope that that is not a sign of things to come for the Heritage line!

Regards,

JoshT

JoshT,

I never construed anything anyone said as being insensitive or negative. I do not blame anything on the Admins (BobG)because I do believe that they are fourthcoming with everything they know.

I guess that I am pretty pissed because I paid for the speakers and nobody has said anything about "progress" Klipsch has made regarding the speakers I paid for but haven't received. I am going to see the dealer and try get my $ back but I was told that it was a special order which was non-refundable.

In any case (being more politically correct), Klipsch should have made more information available to the web masters to make available to clients or potential clients through the web sites.

No matter how you cut it... It's bad business...

------------------

wired1@ameritech.net

I personally would like to thank Klipsch for not having availability on Belle Klipsch's at this time. You see, after selling my Klipschorns about 5 years ago, I had decided to come back into the Klipsch fold. I planned on purchasing a pair of Belles for fronts and three Heresy's for center and surrounds. When I ordered, I was told of the delay on Belle's, but went ahead and ordered the Heresy's. I put the Heresy's in the L/C/R position and was so happy with them that I cancelled the Belles, and bought two RS-3's as surrounds. All in all, Klipsch's cost themselves (and saved me) about $3800.00.

FWIW, I have owned Heresy's, Cornwalls, LaScala's, Klipschorns, and KG-2's and have had family and friends purchase KG-1's, Forte's and KG-4's. IMHO, the Heresy's mated with my current HSU-VTF-2 subwoofers offers the biggest bang for the buck.

------------------

L/C/R: Klipsch Heresy II

Surround: Klipsch RS-3

Pre/Pro/Tuner: McIntosh MX-132

AMP: McIntosh MC-7205

DVD: McIntosh MVP-831

CD Transport: Pioneer PD-F908 100 Disc Changer

Turntable: Denon DP-72L

Cassette: Nakamichi BX-1

T.V. : Mitsubishi 55905

HDTV: RCA DTC-100

Surge Protector: Monster Power HTS-5000

Honest, there is no firm ship date for Heritage models other than Heresy II which remain in production. The matter is not horns, but rather drivers. We are making appropriate progress in driver development but production is harder than most will understand. A thousand little details, any of which can delay production many weeks. If I or anybody here quoted you a date, we would be giving you lousy information. We truly do not know when production will resume - though that is not what you want to hear it is the most honest answer possible.

Here is an additional comment: Klipsch dealers in good standing do not pay for product in advance. They get time after shipment usually not less than 30 days to pay. Unless your dealer is on Cash In Advance terms with Klipsch, they did not pay us for the speakers they special ordered. We have not forced any one to follow through with Heritage orders since we don't know when we can ship. You are getting bad info from the dealer who took the order. You are welcome to have them call our 800-klipsch number and ask for Bob in Indianapolis if they need to discuss. The dealer has your money and should give it back. If they paid Klipsch in advance, we would be happy to cancel the order and refund the $.

Folks, it truly pains us to have this lengthy lapse in production. Makes us look less than professional. Even worse would be to rush to produce the product with parts which are not up to the standards which Paul W. Klipsch imposed on the products he designed. You can accuse Klipsch of anything you like, but we are pretty particular about this aspect of our history and heritage.

If you need specific support, private message me. I apologize this has been an unhappy experience. That is the furthest thing from our desire.

Wired1,

setting aside for a moment the issue of getting your money back from your dealer, which Klipsch's BobG indicates they will be happy to help you with, what do you think the appropriate statement from them would be?

If you were selling a product, someone ordered that product from you, the vendor of a critical component for that product suddenly decided to stop making it after you'd accepted the order, you were negotiating with several replacement vendors but, obviously, don't want to tip each of them off to whom else you're talking to, don't know when you're going to finalize a deal to manufacture that component or how long it's going to take to get them once the deal IS struck, what would you tell the guy who placed the order with you? I'd probably say something like "I'm sorry, but there is no firm schedule. Progress continues but anybody who quotes you firm ship dates is misinformed or making it up. If you want to get your money back from the dealer you placed the order with, we'll help you."

What more could you say?

Ray

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering

I don't know, kind of pass on the green Heinz idea myself Eyes.gif

I did want to add, you are right for ALL of us Wired1! My question, why when I ordered and prepaid, was I told 2-3 months, supposedly production for the Heritages are "now and then". I was never told of any problem, not until I registered here, and read more into the board. I had a pair of La Scala's staring me in the face, but turned them down over a better price quote(saved myself $500.00).It wasn't until I met our Distributor did I get the scoop, but my Dealer looked like he honestly didn't know, mostly Legend, KSW, and Ref sales. If the Distributor knew, why wasn't the Dealer told? Or better yet, if the Dealer knew, why weren't the customers advised?

I know for the laws in our country, I can walk away and get my money back anytime. I have not taken delivery of the product, in fact the product is non-existant at this time. My Dealer has even offered my money back as yours should rightly do wired1. I think the salesman is more wanting of his percentage.

I will wait out the storm...OH YES....I will wait out the storm....

This message has been edited by boomer9911 on 07-17-2001 at 12:43 AM

BobG,

Again, let me state that I had no intention of accusing you of holding back information. I simply thought that information was not being made aware to you.

Now, you say that you are still making progress with the drivers... Does this mean that you are still looking for a company to provide them? Are you manufacturing them yourselves? Are you designing them specifically for the Heritage line (so it is still on the drawing board)? I would simply like to know how far along the process is...?

------------------

wired1@ameritech.net

I am well informed of action on Heritage drivers and progress toward prodution. We are not THAT big a company. No secrets inside.

We have chosen vendors for the driver components and have been working with them to produce just precisely what we desire. Once that process is complete (it is long and difficult with lots of time taken for each iteration of each component part) we will then be able to finalize any network changes required. The network design will remain as PWK specified, but minor changes to parts values are likely in order to obtain best results.

Once we have given the green light to the manufacturers of the component parts, there is a multi-week lead time for them to supply us. Then our production lead time and then time to fill the pipeline. Also, we have just now begun considering the question of wire - and it is no small matter.

Boy, this is hard!

Hey, BobG, NOW we know why you get the BIG BUCK$ cwm18.gif

Hang in there... without the hemp! I understand production realities when changes must occur in a lead "cast-in-stone" line. Chips fall, no matter how judicious the "ax-iom" is applied. We, too, are listening. HornEd

This message has been edited by HornEd on 07-18-2001 at 10:12 AM

I was at my local Dealer today who called the Canadian Distributor and word is no report on the Heritages for the next "60 days" quote.

After discussing this with my Dealer, I told him that after ordering in Feb and now having to wait until Dec\Jan it's starting to be abit tough to chew on. I told him I'm thinking of cancelling my Heritage order (Scalz and Hersey II's, keeping my Khorns for 2 channel and MacIntosh!) and going back to the Legend idea. He had no black but gave me the opportunity to get 4-M\Oak KLF30's for just over 3K CDN. Trying to make up for the delay I guess(nice price) and since I've spent over 15K in his store I appreciate it. I told him about the La Scala's I had staring me in the face, but turned them down to deal with him.

The next thing I know he's on the phone, gets off the phone, "Their yours, go get em"...HUH?!!, YUP! He called the other Dealer while I was standing there and bought them over the phone. Now thats Public Relations!!

I GOT MY LA SCALA'S, I GOT MY LA SCALA'S Smile.gif

Well, I'm outta here, got a delivery pick up, can't wait to see the guys face when he see's me pick them up after telling him I'd think about it and be back, that was in February.....HA!!

After reading the last post, I called my dealer and told him exactly what the post said. I told him to call their rep and put the pressure on.... He said he would get back to me...

------------------

wired1@ameritech.net

You bet HornEd, just got these puppies in and I feel like a kid in the toy section at Christmas Biggrin.gif Now all I need is my Hersey II's and I'm done shopping till Xmas when it's sub time!! To think those Scalz were sitting in this store since LAST October! A young guy ordered them(and C7 m\oak)then cancelled and moved to another Province. I was surprised they were still there, but then again this specific Dealership is pretty shabby!

I should mention them just to piss them off, but the look from buddy when I walked in the door was enough Smile.gif He goes, what are you doing here, told him I'm here for MY speakers, almost broke out laughing, his face hit the floor. I felt like Julia Roberts in that scene from Pretty Woman when she was turned away from that boutique in Bevery Hills, then comes back later after spending thousands and says to the lady, "BIG MISTAKE, HUGE MISTAKE"!

I want to thank you for the review on the SVS. I think I will be joining the club with 2 - 20-39PC phased inline with my Khorns. I figure if I high pass the Khorns at say 50HZ-60HZ and have those bad boys pick up everything below would be great! But as a true Klipsch Fan I hope the RSW15 fits the bill! I must say, when he offered me the 4 KLF30's I started laughing to myself, "I'm joining the Legend Club with HornEd as CEO and PREZ" Smile.gif

WOW I'm poor now Frown.gif DOH!!

Wired1, that is the EXACT words out of my Dealers mouth from the Distributor(they were on the phone together as I stood there, man I stand there alot)nothing is to be reported\released for 60 days and that's from Klipsch direct, why, I don't know, it wasn't explained to me and I didn't ask.

My HT still under construction Smash.gif

Oiled Oak Khorns(f)

La Scala's(rs) Biggrin.gif

Oiled Oak Hersey II's(s)(soon I hope)

2-KLFC7's (c, rc)

Subwoofers Xmas 01(RSW15 or dual SVS 20-39PC)

Adcom ACE 515 Enhancer(conditioner\surge protect)

Marantz SR18EX A\V Receiver

3-Marantz MA700 mono block amps (Khorns, rc C7)

Marantz VM5100 S-VHS hifi

Marantz DV7100 Progressive Scan DVD(upgraded from 3100)

Marantz CD4050 dual casette

Marantz DR4160 3 disk carousel with single tray CDR

Toshiba 50HX70 HDTV(may exchange for TW50H80 due fall)

DVDO Iscan V2 (line doubler)

All Monster speaker\video\digital cables

Bell ExpressVU model 6000 HDTV Receiver and Sat dish

The "Crown Jewel" for my Marantz system, I happened to obtain at a Garage Sale over the weekend, in MINT condition(manuals and schematics as well)the 1976 Marantz 6200 turntable! What some people with store and forget in an attic for 24 years..you say you want $20..OK Smile.gifTo think I gave my LP's away in 94...UGH.

last but least, IBM laptop with Klipsch Pro Media 2.1

(those little suckers howl, should call em "BOSE KILLERS") Biggrin.gif

I will post pics once it's all complete and together, now I need to find room for my display cabinet and diecast collection.....DOH......

This message has been edited by boomer9911 on 07-18-2001 at 11:25 PM

All,

To everyone that has heard me rant and rave...

I contacted the dealer where I ordered my LaScallas and the salesman is on vacation!!! Anyway, I spoke with another salesman about my problem and wanted to know if he heard of anything or had any other inside information... He looked in in the computer and said he had an ETA of Sept 7th...????? I must have looked completely dumbfounded because the guy looked at me goofy and said that the ETA shows Sept 7. I questioned him several times and couldn't believe it. I wonder if this is a goof up or Klipsch is actually getting the product lines out...?????

------------------

wired1@ameritech.net

OK, I am happy to repeat - there is no schedule for producing Heritage speakers other than Heresy II which is not affected. If the store has an ETA, they made it up themselves based on best guess, the way their system works or what the buyer put on the PO. It is not based on production reality.

BobG Out.